cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Hub keeps dropping constantly!

dawnmoo

Fibre Hub keeps dropping constantly!

Hi

Occasionally my fibre would have dropped constantly - rebooted router and tried again and again and again and then all of a sudden it would settle and no more bother for weeks.

Today on the other hand I have had constant issues with the router. I've ordered a new router online but wonder if there are settings I can mess with that will sort this issue out. I have had constant rebooting of the router - dropped connection - orange flashing then blue then orange then blue then orange then blue. It's driving the family insane and in turn torturing me.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Hub keeps dropping constantly!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

Testing your line is detecting a potential fault, so I've raised that through to our suppliers now.

When we've got more info we'll let you know via ticket 164886372.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
crankyshooter1

I’ve had same problems. Busy looking for better ISP as Plusnet isn’t that great anymore
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@crankyshooter1

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I don't think you're experiencing the same problems as from what we can see your physical connection is stable and testing your line isn't finding any issues.

Description

GEA service test completed and no fault found .

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 54.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or using an ethernet cable?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Markause

Having similar issues myself with the one hub. Started around 3/4 months ago. I just assumed it was the usual disconnect for a few seconds and back up and running again, happened a few times a month so it wasn't too much of an issue but this month it has been constant. Called up on the 21st and was told i'd hear back after some tests if there was any problems. Didn't hear back and thought everything was fine. It's not. Never had any issues when i lived in my old address. Wasn't a one hub just a basic one. Looking through some of the community forums i'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the hub one router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Welcome to the community forums @Markause

Whilst testing your line isn't flagging up a definitive cause of the issues, we can see your connection is dropping fairly frequently.

These could be caused by the 3db profile that the dynamic line management has set.

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

Is your router plugged into the test socket as explained here?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Markause

Sorry about the late reply. Yes, the router is in the Master Socket. The past two days it's been constant disconnects. it was usually around 11pm-1am. Yesterday i had around 4/5 disconnects anywhere between 2-5 minutes at a time.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you've tried the test socket (by removing the faceplate of the master socket) I'd raise a fault to us online at http://faults.plus.net

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet