cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Fixed but wrong IP? (looks like bt_test_user settings?)

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Fibre Fixed but wrong IP? (looks like bt_test_user settings?)

I *think* that if it was solely a RADUIS authentication issue then PN would have access to:

1) The circuits sync status,

2) The failed RADIUS authentication attempts.

As they appear to have neither, I guess the circuit needs rebuilding?

Lets hope OpenReach have not been tasked, again, to investigate a lack of sync!

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

When a modem is in sync, but testing shows the circuit out of sync, that normally indicates a cross jumpering issue.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NaRyan
Grafter

@Gandalf

And it's fixed. Yay for getting a different BT engineer Grin

Fault was at the cabinet I was connected to. "Some idiot" (BT engineers words) had disconnect my fiber connection and reconnected it to the wrong port.

I am on port 2 they decided to reconnect me to port 102 (I had been disconnected from a plusnet connection and stuck on a connection belonging to another ISP)

Took the BT peep 20 minutes to work out what the problem was.

So major Kudos to this BT Engineer for thinking about the problem, having an idea of what it could be, testing that idea, and discovering that it was the cause. And not being some "It's your modem... nothing else can possibly be wrong" engineer.

Now if you will excuse me I have to go do the happy dance for a while.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Excellent. Thumbs_Up

I am on port 2 they decided to reconnect me to port 102 (I had been disconnected from a plusnet connection and stuck on a connection belonging to another ISP)

Sounds like cross jumpering to me.

So major Kudos to this BT Engineer for thinking about the problem, having an idea of what it could be, testing that idea, and discovering that it was the cause. And not being some "It's your modem... nothing else can possibly be wrong" engineer.

If you'd like to pass on your thanks to the engineer, I'd recommend letting Openreach know here

Now if you will excuse me I have to go do the happy dance for a while.

Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet