cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Fault since instillation

cryomm

Fibre Fault since instillation

Can anyone advise me where I stand, I have had an ongoing fibre fault since instillation nearly 3 months ago. My current speeds are 9 down and 0.5 up latency anywhere In the 100’s
Plusnet have admitted there is a fault and Openreach have now been out to my property 3 times and to my street maybe 5 times at least. Ive had new joins, battery connections, looking at the newly installed master socket and more recently Duct work has taken place and new cabling.
My problem is that open reach are really speedy in getting out when there asked to by PlusNet, but it takes PlusNet at least 5 days since the last time a repair was attempted to work out if the fix worked or not and to ask open reach to come back out.
For example A join was remade on a Monday, PlusNet would put the ticket on hold till Tuesday, it would take 72 hours for PlusNet to pick up that ticket and get back to and confirm the speeds. At this point I’m waiting until at least Monday for open reach to come back out and do the next stage of repair.  This leads to me calling up on the Tuesday or Wednesday, sitting on hold for 40 mins minimum to chase up PlusNet for them to get the ball rolling.
I'm at my Whits end, I've added up my call lengths on hold and its nearing 21 hours on hold since the start of the fault. Ive been promised the case would be watched over by 4 members of technical support or faults staff by name, they do the job for 2 tickets and then disappear for a week when I call back again for a update.
I was sold a 32 mbps minimum I'm getting 9 with a huge latency, I was told it would never get more than 26 by the open reach engineer and  I’m still paying full whack.
Could I take this to the ombudsman as a complaint? Is there a way to actually get PlusNet to take a job and actually get it repaired properly without having to chase after every repair for a update. Id understand if it was fixed after the first open reach visit but this clearly isn't the case and now it’s gotten silly.