cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Fault, a Plusnet service expectation?

KJR
Dabbler

Fibre Fault, a Plusnet service expectation?

When a customer reports a fault on their fibre broadband to Plusnet, what service can a customer expect?

if a fault is reported on day 1, how long would it take for Plusnet to test and contact its customer 24, 48, 72 hours?

I assumed 24 hours, to be told it will take 72 hours following testing!

Does anybody think this is an acceptable service level?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre Fault, a Plusnet service expectation?

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I can see we've identified a external fault on the line and we'll get that fixed as soon as we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KJR
Dabbler

This fault has been with your engineers for the last 3 days and no action was taken. It was handed out to Openreach this morning after I chased Plusnet.

Can Plusnet explain why they did not hand out this fault to Openreach earlier without being chased by its customer?

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

@KJR wrote:

When a customer reports a fault on their fibre broadband to Plusnet, what service can a customer expect?

I assumed 24 hours, to be told it will take 72 hours following testing!

Does anybody think this is an acceptable service level?

For the price we pay, yes. If you want 24 hour resolution you should sign up with a premium ISP and it will probably need to be on a business package (broadband and phone) for that. Having written that though it does seem slightly poor for PN to wait several days before requesting an Openreach engineer. Are you sure that's what has happened? Could it not be that PN requested one several days ago and it's taken Openreach a few days to book an appointment?

KJR
Dabbler

Understand that 24 service would need a business broadband, but I would have expected some level of response from Plusnet within that time period. So assuming 72 hours is the norm! Would you expect Plusnet to sit on the fault for that period and do nothing until prompted by the customer? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

When a fault gets raised to ourselves automated tests are carried out to see if there's a issue.

If nothing is found then it gets tested manually by one of our Faults team within 72 hours.

Depending on the issue some faults can be fixed quick and some can take a bit longer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team