cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Fault Guides

tiffy
Rising Star

Re: Fibre Fault Guides

Strangly enough DLM did not impose a re-synch on Sunday morning even though the previous 24 hour period was heavily into ILQ red catagory, the only reason I can imagine for the lack of DLM action is that the noise issue was classified as a "Wide Area Event" and as such ignored by the DLM system.
My line quickly returned to normal after 15:00 hrs. on Saturday and has been the same ever since.

Anyone with MDWS access can see this historic noise event on my stat's., ID as per this forum.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry, I've only just spotted all of your recent replies!

Very good shout on getting a new guide written up on G.Inp!

I'll have a chat with a few people and see who has a good grasp of it and would be wiling to take some time to write something up for the library. I'm a bit away from the broadband technology area these days, so I'm probably not the best person to write up this one!

Glad that you've found the previous guides/documentation useful!

tiffy
Rising Star

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated.
No apologies required for the time scale, I'am sure you are a very busy man.

Ironically enough, my G.Inp (retransmission) has just been enabled by DLM intervention @ 06:15 hrs. this morning, that's one day over 7 weeks since ADSL/VDSL migration.
Note, my line was performing well, was running just at the very bottom end of ILQ amber yesterday and at the top end of ILQ green for quite a few previous days with respect to DS ES rate, it would appear that the DLM intervention this morning was for the sole purpose of applying DS G.Inp.
The difference is already dramatic, DS ES's have virtually disappeared and I got a substantial increase in DS synch rate which was in itself an unexpected bonus.

It would be good to have some clarification on G.Inp (retransmission), I have found since my fibre migration 7 weeks ago that even the very well informed members of this forum and the TBB & kitz forums have limited and frequently contradictory views on G.Inp with respect to it's deployment strategy, a clear and definitive explanation would be very welcome.