cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra?

jt
Grafter

Fibre Extra?

Hello, just spoke to a member of plusnet on the phone this afternoon about upgrading from fibre to fibre extra, he mentioned it should all go through today and there is no need for an engineer but my speed hasn't changed.
I also received a message about the change occuring on my next bill. So will it be this week or next bill date?
Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre Extra?

Normally any account change is at your next billing date as the Plusnet systems aren't too happy at calculating partial months
jt
Grafter

Thank you Jim for the prompt reply. I will wait for the next bill to roll around.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any confusion with the dates. I've checked your account and can see that it's scheduled in for the next billing date, although looking at your account you've already called back and confirmed that Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There is the other factor
If you are changing from 40/20 to 80/20 this is all internal to Plusnet but if you are changing from 40/2 to 80/20 this will need BT Openreach to do something and I don't know how long that takes and if this is the case the change will happen when they get their finger out and I think then the account change may happen mid month
jt
Grafter

Hello, had the confirmation that I have swapped product to fibre extra, but my speeds aren't what I should be getting according to PlusNet and my router
jt
Grafter

Hello, had the confirmation that I have swapped product to fibre extra, but my speeds aren't what I should be getting according to PlusNet and my router?
jt
Grafter

Bump
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Everything on your account is as it should be as far as I can see.
Is this wired or wireless?
Was anything else using the connection at the time of testing?
EDIT:
P.S. Please don't bump threads and make multiple posts within a couple of hours of posting. Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jt
Grafter

The double post was due to the internet acting up...
This was through wired connection as I said it isn't what I should be getting.
jt
Grafter

Honestly can say I am truly disgusted with this company's 'service', my internet is all over the place, with the supplied router/modem and my own VDSL2 modem router.  I keep having slow speeds and disconnections, I have been told that I have by a member of plusnet and been told otherwise by your fault team.
I've been passed back and forth, ignored and not getting the service I am paying for, ridiculous, why I decided to move to a 'faster' deal is beyond me, I must have some sort of Stockholm syndrome.