cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra upload speed slow since march.

jon-boy

Fibre Extra upload speed slow since march.

Hello, I currently have a fibre extra package. However, the download speed is inconstant, and the upload speed has been below 6mbps (megabits) since march. This is becoming a huge nuisance connecting to sites, video calling my lecturers and uploading documents to university.

I've attached an image to this post to show the speeds i am currently getting, test was carried out right next to the router. Before March I was getting an 60-70mbps down and 20mbps up.

How can I got about solving this please?

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Extra upload speed slow since march.

Hi there, I've just been looking into this for you and tests on your line aren't showing any obvious causes for the issue so it's likely to be related to the router's wireless signal reaching your devices. 

In cases like this it's often a good idea to try changing the routers wireless channel so please take a look at the advice here for your next step: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/ - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jon-boy

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I have gone through step by step with the router which you are stating is the problem. I have changed to channel 11 as suggested and my latest values have drooped. There are two values due to two tests 1 hour apart.
As you can see the values are ridiculous.

Download is now 56.7 and 15.8
Upload is now 2.18 and 1.18

For your information. The router is plugged into the master socket. I am using appropriate and working filters where required. I am the only person using my WiFi. I am in the same room as the router, and all other electrical items connected to the WiFi have been turned off.

Can you suggest anything else that may help please.

Regards

Jon
jon-boy

Hi

I have now run a multitude of tests on my internet and I have checked all cables and filters, restarted my router, reset my router, switched my router off and on giving it a period of time, made sure The router has up to date firmware which it has, I have tried changing my channels on the router. However absolutely nothing changes the end outcome. My download and upload are still slow.
I have also run Speedtest.btwholesale.com
I have screen shot this if you require it and downloaded the test itself.

The above test provided values of 32Ms Ping
Download of 38.2 Mbps
Upload of 1.10 Mbps

And the test by BT state I should be receiving 73.63 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.

Please can you assist with the above.

Thanks

Jon