cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra upgrade

kennykleks
Dabbler

Fibre Extra upgrade

So I switched and paid for Fibre extra upgrade before the start of March 2020. around 5-6 weeks ago. I've been told it will start on the 13th of March. Then It was a problem with cables in cabinet so I contacted PlusNet Tech support and they arranged engineer 5 days later. After a week I called support again and They told me that they set up another engineer 20th ish of March because they couldn't fix it. After that date, nothing happened again. I called them again and was told the same thing and left until 2nd of April for the next engineer to fix these cables. I was hoping that will be the day I will receive speeds and connection I'm paying for but nothing changed. So I contacted support again and receive the same answer 4th time in a row. I was asked to wait until 7th of April and it will be fixed because they raise a support ticket and it shows that 2 people will come on 7th to fix this and I will be up and running before midnight. Now I decided to post here because its 8th of April, I'm about to pay for another Fibre Extra month in a couple of days and I'm still sitting here with 0.5mbps upstream and 18 downstream which makes my work almost impossible regarding what I'm doing for living in these rough times. It's the worst experience I've ever had with broadband. I'm done with waiting on line 20min and having the same answer 5th time in a row. Only what stopping me from changing provider is the fact that I really need this Fibre as soon as possible. And I'm not going to wait any longer for such a simple thing.

I apologize in advance for poor English.

9 REPLIES 9
kennykleks
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Extra upgrade

It's impossible to get in touch via phone number. I understand the situation right now. But it's not happening from a week ago but 1,5 month ago.

kennykleks
Dabbler

I had a conversation with tech support team and appointment date was moved again from 7th to 9th for 6th time. I hope today by midnight it will be fixed as I was told.
kennykleks
Dabbler

Nothing changed. Still the same problem. Speeds are the same. 20 down 0.5 up. I will call them later today for 7th time to hear the same thing again.
kennykleks
Dabbler

quick update.

So I was told they switched on Fibre finally 2 days ago. Now it's 10 days period which should establish my connection. When I'm checking my sync speeds on router it shows 30 down and 0.5mbps up which is very bad. I understand that I need to wait these days to increase speed but I don't believe that my sync speeds on the router will increase that much to a minimum of 60mbps down and at least 10mbps up. I would appreciate any help at all. At least some explanation why my upload speed is very very bad and download is 50% of what I should get 2 days after Fibre went live.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@kennykleks Whoever told you that you had to wait 10 days is talking nonsense. There is no 10 day training period. VDSL2 connections should sync at or near the expected speed immediately and settle within a couple of days. What does this checker say for your phone number (don't show the number on the forum) https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/  The observed speeds data would confirm the low speeds you are getting.

You say you modem is syncing at 30Mbps down and 0.5Mbps up, these speeds and the problems you have had suggest that there is a fault at the FTTC cabinet.

Unfortunately no PlusNet staff have posted on this thread but considering the delays you have had it would be worth raising a complaint with PlusNet using this link Complaint 

I had a long delay when I upgraded to FTTC but is was purely down to BT openreach saying the cabinet was ready when the fibre was not actually connected at the exchange.☹️

kennykleks
Dabbler

Is it normal if my router is flashing orange every night around 2am for 1 hour then when I'm checking sync speed it shows different speed. For today it state as: 30mbps down and 0.7 upstream. I don't mind that download speeds but 0,7 up is just slowing down everything. Before switch on to Fibre it was 0.5mbps, after 2 days 1.2mbps, 3rd day 0.7mbps. And downstream came from 35mbps to 30mbps.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @kennykleks

Sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

We'd be happy to take a look but I've been unable to locate an account for you. Please could you send a message with your account username and/or full address including postcode?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
kennykleks
Dabbler

I sent private message just now.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @kennykleks

Thanks for your time today!

I have raised a ticket on the account which you can view online here. Please do let us know if you have any further questions prior to the engineer appointment!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team