cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra speed "At least 45Mb" is less than 45Mb.

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fibre Extra speed "At least 45Mb" is less than 45Mb.

Hi Plusnet,

I've been on fibre a while now, so things have had ample time to settle down. I am on Fibre Extra and should get "at least 45" but I am getting less than that. Apart from not getting what I am paying for, my connection works well.

Can the speed be investigated please?

I have done the obligatory test "wired by ethernet" using the master socket and the BT Wholesale results are as follows:

Download Speed (Mbps): 41.92
Upload Speed (Mbps) : 9.83
Ping Latency (ms): 21

Download speedachieved during the test was - 41.92 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-44.52 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 44.52 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 10.24Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Extra speed "At least 45Mb" is less than 45Mb.

Hi there, I've just been testing your line. No obvious causes for the slight drop in speeds are being flagged up. However as BT Wholesale speed tests are showing speeds below MGALS you can always report a fault with us: http://faults.plus.net Please let us know when you have. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
starfry
Rising Star

Hello, I have just reported the issue using http://faults.plus.net

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @starfry, sorry to hear you're having speed issues. Checking the connection from this side we can see the router is in sync at 46Mbps and your Minimum Guaranteed Line Speeds (MGALS) being 45Mbps. 
The estimates for your line when checking on https://dslchecker.bt.com/ appear to be 50.3 - 71.6Mbps which does hint that something may be out of place if the connection is barely hitting above the MGALS. 
I have adjusted the profile from this side which may show a improvement in speeds your side and if you could turn the router off and back on and check for a change.
If when checking the speeds are at most only hitting the 46Mbps or so mark then I would advise getting the router in the optimal set-up your side and seeing if this speed improves further.

To get the router in the optimal set-up this would require plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the speeds are still struggling in this set-up then we would look to raise a fault with our suppliers to further investigate.

starfry
Rising Star

Hello, just to let uyou know that I performed tests last night and have reported the results on the open ticket.

(adding this here because someone told me that adding to a ticket drops it right to the bottom of the queue!)

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you for completing the tests as instructed.

I've added a reply on the ticket for you, please can you respond and if you drop us a message on here once you've done so, we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team