cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Unlimited

Twister1264
Dabbler

Fibre Extra Unlimited

I recently moved from BT Fibre to Plusnet and chose the Fibre Extra service which was available for an increase speed 44-58mb but now my service is live the speed is slightly slower than my old BT 40mb service.

Currently I'm using a Billion 8800NL R2 router . I tried a recync last night but it didn't get above 39mb. It seems I'm stuck on around 39mb and not the estimated speed of 44-58mb.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Extra Unlimited

Hi there, first of all a warm welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

Testing your line is detecting a possible external fault...

Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 37.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.0 Mbps

I've raised this through to our suppliers now, and also created this ticket

We'll provide an update for you tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Twister1264
Dabbler

Thank you for raising this. I've attached some stats from the router.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, we'll keep you updated.

Hopefully it's a quick fix.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience @Twister1264 It looks like your speeds haven't improved following the engineer investigation today. We're not able to identify the cause of your slow speeds now as the line tests are passing.

It's likely we'll need to arrange another engineer, but this time it'll be an appointment we'll have to book. Before we do that, I'd advise to try plugging your router into the test socket if you can. This helps rule out internal wiring.

Explained here

Let us know how you get on.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Twister1264
Dabbler

So an engineer turned up unannounced so a relative didn't know there was a problem. Disappointing that no one said an engineer would knock on the door on a day or time.

The router is plugged into the test socket. I've tried three different routers and the download speeds do not go above 40mb.

I've noticed the interleaver level depth is set at 1 and the INP (DMT symbol )stuck at 0 on both download and upload.

I've also noticed I've been warned if there isn't a fault with the line then I'm liable for a charge.

Did the IP profile get reset when I switched over? Seems I'm stuck on under 40mb even though I'm paying for a higher speed service. Disappointing.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear an engineer arrived unannounced.

In fairness, we raised this as an external fault. On occasion, if an engineer feels that they require access, they would try to contact the end user first whilst on site instead of passing it back to us to arrange an appointment which can delay things.

Testing your line, I'm seeing your router still in sync below your estimates...

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 39.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.0 Mbps

As I'm not able to detect a fault, the next step would be to arrange an appointment.

If you reply to the open ticket on your account here we'll get the engineer booked in for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet