cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Speeds Lower than Minimum

calsyjohnson

Fibre Extra Speeds Lower than Minimum

Hi,

My fibre extra broadband was set up on the 12th, I was getting speeds of 13 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up - well below advertised and below my minimum guaranteed speed of 25 mbps. I contacted support on twitter and sent a ticket 3 days ago but am yet to hear anything, not to mention live chat is down and I try to contact via phone I'm referred to live chat.

I will attached the BT speed and diagnostic test and also their availability checker which shows much higher minimum speeds. I'm using a wired connection to do these tests. Also just to note, unfortunately, I am unable to run use a phone to check for noise on the line as we don't own a landline phone.

Whilst I appreciate that around 2 weeks are required for fluctuations in line performance to settle down, I have not seen any significant change in my broadband speeds and in my previous experience no significant change in speeds. Hopefully it will just be a case of flicking a switch on PlusNet's end.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Fibre Extra Speeds Lower than Minimum

Is your router plugged into the master telephone socket? Try using the test socket: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Check your speed after and if there’s no change to where you’d expect the speed, it could be worth reporting a fault at faults.plus.net

This will create a fault ticket and get you into the queue for Plusnet to investigate further.

calsyjohnson

Re: Fibre Extra Speeds Lower than Minimum

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've just tried your suggestion, it gave roughly the same download and upload speeds. It is also the only socket in the house that provides internet.

Cheers