Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Speed !!

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fibre Extra Speed !!

OR just fixed an issue ( this morning)  on my phone line -so may be slightly premature with this

stats from router  now showing

6. Data rate: 14562 / 46901
7. Maximum data rate: 15388 / 65270
8. Noise margin: 5.9 / 10.7
9. Line attenuation: 22.2 / 16.9

10. Signal attenuation:

21.8 / 17.0

Download snr has dropped substantially - however still higher that it has traditionally been

I'll let line settle down overnight and see if ay improvement

The current data sync rate ie 46901 is substantially lower than my current contract min speed guarantee of 53.5mb

and this is where it gets murky Broadband info in my account shows min guaranteed speeed as 44.5mb ( I have never agreed to this speed  - my MGS in my contract is as stated above 53.5mb)

Can somone in CS review / comment pls - I have had an UNSNSWERED post in Billing forum of over 3 weeks ( same user id)  regarding this issue  - contract expires next week and I'd like this clarified before i need to make a decision.

Just about to experiment with a BT 6 Business hub to see if that improves anything.

4 REPLIES 4
moansalot
Rising Star

Re: Fibre Extra Speed !!

Business hub 6 stats

17.50 Mbps / 49.00 Mbps

17496 / 68719

6 dB / 11.2 dB

0 dB / 17 dB

0 dB / 17 dB

Lets see if it settles down / speeds up

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@moansalot 

Your downstream SNR at 11.2dB is very high and the likely cause of your problem. I would have expected Openreach to have reset this to 6dB, this should recover automatically over time unless it is banded in which case you need Plusnet to request a reset.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

moansalot
Rising Star

@Baldrick1 

Cheers  m8 - unfortunately i just arrived back home to find a 4th ( today) OR van outside my house

Apparently the first lot earlier today fixed one issue  - but failed to resolve a further fault located at the site of an old dig around the corner ( it wasn't marked up) so doubt  they were not expecting it. - But further dig team needed as this is gonna drag on ( it is causing the high SNR )

Hopefully if this "new" fault is resolved then my b/b should get back to where it should be  - not holding my breath though.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team