cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Speed

hellitex
Dabbler

Fibre Extra Speed

Upgraded to Fibre Extra. Was told that the speed would be up to 76mbps for my line.

I cannot get more than 49mbps wired or wifi.

It is almost as though I am being limited.

Would appreciate some help please. I have been with Plusnet for years but I have no intention of paying for a service I am not getting. 

24 REPLIES 24
Hamba
Grafter

Re: Fibre Extra Speed

Have you tried restarting your router?   

hellitex
Dabbler

Yes of course and tried different channels.. 

Hamba
Grafter

maybe give customer support a call.  when i recently upgraded they found there was a 55Mpps  cap on my line.

the reason i asked about the restart was because when they removed the cap i didn't see a change until i restarted the hub.

hellitex
Dabbler

Thanks. I will leave until Monday and if no improvement I will give them a call.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @hellitex 

I've tested your circuit and can confirm that your router is syncing at roughly 56Mbps. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the speed rises 

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of this issue. 

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here 

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here

Thanks, 

MoR

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You should have a look at the DSL Checker to see what your line is capable of.

And loh into the router to see how the synch and max attainable speeds compare with the checker.

hellitex
Dabbler

Don't if page below will open but basically Download Rate High 80 Low 60

http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

hellitex
Dabbler

Tried to attach the file

hellitex
Dabbler

hellitex
Dabbler

C:\Users\charlotte\Downloads\BT Broadband.html

hellitex
Dabbler

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER Telephone Number 01274447157 on Exchange QUEENSBURY is served by Cabinet 38 Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 60 20 18.9 55 Available Available -- VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 58.1 20 17.5 51.5 Available Available -- Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC FTTP Availability Date FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date Left in Jumper WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 3.5 Available -- -- WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 1.5 Up to 0.5 1 to 3.5 Available -- -- ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available -- -- WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- -- Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- -- Observed Speeds VDSL Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 55.65 Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 19.99 Observed Date 2019-08-08 Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- Premise environment Status Bridge Tap N VRI N NTEFaceplate N Last Test Date 01-08-2019dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @hellitex 

As your sync rate is just below the estimates, could you give the steps i provided earlier a go please? 

Thanks, 

MoR

hellitex
Dabbler

I have done it and getting 47-49.5 consistently.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that @hellitex 

Can I ask that you use the last link in my initial reply and raise a fault to us for investigation? 

Kind Regards, 

MoR