cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Broadband extremely slow

JrwPT

Fibre Extra Broadband extremely slow

Recently I upgraded my package from Unlimited to Unlimited Fibre Extra, which is intended to reach speeds of up to 78mbps, and on the  although I only reach up to 35.2mbps, and am now only receiving 4mbps on my main computer and 10mbps on my wireless laptop. I use a wireless connection and even connected my laptop directly to the router but only reached up to 20mbps. I use a 2704n router, and the upload speed has always been up to scratch, it is just the download speed with the issue. Is there anything that I can do, or anything that an employee can do in order to resolve this. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Extra Broadband extremely slow

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

Our tests aren't finding any issues and we can see your router in sync at 80mbps.

Can you run a BT speedtest at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection, completing the further diagnostics at the end? This will store the result on the supplier system and will help us in reporting a fault to our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet