cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre - Down again - Sync on the line but no authentication!

transmission1
Dabbler

Fibre - Down again - Sync on the line but no authentication!

Yet again I'm having the same problem that occurred last week.

My Fibre line is up and synced to the local cabinet with normal values but plusnet cannot authenticate me.

This is becoming a real problem especially when away from home and nothing locally can resolve it as there is nothing wrong with the line. 

Can someone at plusnet please explain why authentication problems are occurring? Is this a general problem. No end of rebooting fixes this. Do I just have to sit it out until something is kicked at the other end of the system? I Put a support request in but hours later still no reply...

Thanks,

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre - Down again - Sync on the line but no authentication!

Sorry to hear you're having problems Simon

It looks like things are back up now?

My tests haven't identified the cause of that. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
transmission1
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes the authentication came back up again as your graph shows but it's been up and down another two or three times since. The strange thing is that the line is staying up and Sync is fine but the authentication drops out. Any ideas what can cause that? Is it a plusnet radius failure? If the line is stable then what is going on? 

Thanks

Simon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Simon,

My tests haven't detected any possible causes of that. It could be due to anything from your router to the exchange.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet