cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband usage

malser
Hooked

Fibre Broadband usage

For a while now, as we all know, Plusnet no longer produce usage statistics as usage is unlimited.  When it was produced, I found it useful. I am curious to know, just for my own interest, two things (nothing to do with speed):

What has been my average monthly download usage for the last year (based on my monthly billing cycle)?

What is my average daily download usage?

Can these figures be produced for me from Plusnet (who surely must know my stats!) or is there a third party application I can run to monitor my usage (I'm not really bothered about upload volumes).

13 REPLIES 13
moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre Broadband usage

HI 

Plusnet must still be recording usage  - as they just quoted my  my total d/l usage for the duration of my current contract  - easily  prorated over the 12 or 18 months of the contract  - whether they will supply that data on an adhoc basis is another matter

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@malser I don't know if this is any use to you, or even if it will run on current supported Windows platforms, but I use 'Bitmeter2' - google it, as it is quite an old program which is no longer maintained.

Unfortunately for you, it can't find historical data, and it records calendar hours/days/ months rather than customisable date ranges, but I find it useful.

John
grahamn
Rising Star

ThinkBroadband do a Broadband meter to measure usage... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter

PS: Disregard! The download no longer seems to work, sorry!

jab1
Legend

@grahamn - A better option than my suggestion for @malser .

John
grahamn
Rising Star

I don't think it is actually as the tbb download cannot be found any more!!!!

jab1
Legend

Sorry - I meant yours was the better suggestion - and I suspected 'Bitmeter2' might be hard to find.

John
grahamn
Rising Star

No apology required John I realised what you meant 🙂 We are at cross-purposes Smiley I was saying *yours* was probably better as the download link at tbb has gone.

jab1
Legend

OK Graham - we were slightly cross-hobbled then.😉

My suggestion may still be a bit hard to find though.

John
grahamn
Rising Star

https://codebox.net/pages/bitmeter2 Here it is Smiley (I hope!)

jab1
Legend

That's the one - I've had mine so long I couldn't remember its' origins.😁

John
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

MrSaffron posted on TBB that the TBBMeter is no longer available - link

eta I use a tool called NetWorx which can (amongst many other things) record data usage, if you can find version 5.5.5 that is the latest freeware version.

malser
Hooked

Thanks to all those who replied.  I've downloaded and installed BitMeter and it is showing me currently what I need.  It's a very good little program.

It would have been nice if Plusnet had also replied and been able to give me perhaps the last three month's averages for me to compare to the current usage.

SolwiseMD

I suspect the withdrawal of the 'usage' resource is commercial rather than technical.

The reason I need the information is to compare with other services due to the poor performance of my Plusnet service.  In particular I would like to investigate 4G (mobile network) services which currently come in 'Unlimited' ( read 'Lowest Priority') and 'Capped' (read 'more expensive') varieties.

Would anyone at Plusnet care to refute this, or arrange for me to be able see my last 12 months usage info?