cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband speed very low and often disconnects from the TV when watching catch up

and107

Fibre Broadband speed very low and often disconnects from the TV when watching catch up

I currently have the Unlimited Fibre extra Broadband and find the speed when I check can be in the low 20s which I thought the minimum speed should be 62.9 Mbps guaranteed. I did a speed test at 20.54 last night and the download speed was 6.1Mbps and the upload was 13.8 Mbps. My previous test result was 23.4 and an average is usually about 40.3 which isn't anything like the package I signed up for. Just done the BT test and it is 40.09 but seems to change throughout the day.

Another issue is when watching Catch up TV on the television often after a period of viewing say 30 mins I get disconnected from the Wifi but 5 mins later it is fine it is really infuriating when I thought I was paying for the best service. I have tried changing the channels on the router but hasnt fixed the issue, have reported this before but was advised my service was fine.

Havent been able to do the test by plugging into the Router as my Mac doesn't have a port to connect a lead but I could try and borrow a laptop to do it but haven't been able to so far. Any help would be appreciated my contract runs out in August and previously I was with BT strangely and never had any issues at all.

1 REPLY 1
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Fibre Broadband speed very low and often disconnects from the TV when watching catch up

Hi @and107,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team