cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband speed drop - not impressed with CS

ShaunIOW

Fibre Broadband speed drop - not impressed with CS

I joined Plusnet last year (from BT where I was getting 45Mb) on Unlimited Fibre Extra for £27.50pm for the up to 63Mb service, and after an engineer visit I was getting 51Mb download and 7Mb upload (although was promised 20Mb but have never had that), everything was fine for a year then suddenly my speeds dropped to 29Mb-32Mb this was in about May. 

I contacted Customer Support in July as my speeds hadn't returned, and after a week waiting for a reply was basically told tough my line would only support 32Mb max and if I wanted an engineer visit it was £65, and no explaination for why if my line would only support a max of 32mb how come I'd been getting 51Mb and they were charging me for the up to 63Mb service and not the cheaper up to 36Mb service. I was then told I would get a guaranteed minimum of 31.8Mb (no price drop though - still charged for the faster non existent service) and rarely even reach that now (Todays speedtest using the suggested BTW Performance Tester was 31.43Mbps so not even meeting the new suggested guaranteed minimum), it was suggested I ring them but no one seems to answer the phone and online chat is never online, so I gave up, and now to cap it all I was promised no price rises during the contract yet my next bill is £27.88 instead of £27.50 which is only 38p I know but it's the principle.

I thought I'd post here to see if that might ellicit a response but I'm not hopeful so am now just counting down the time till I can get away and get a decent service again and not be overcharged for a service I'm not getting.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Fibre Broadband speed drop - not impressed with CS

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ShaunIOW

I marked fixed because my post had been removed from the spam filter not because my speed issue was fixed.

Speeds are still low, according to the DSL Line Status in the router I'm getting 32.4Mbps downstream and 7.459 Upstream at present (I'm on the up to 63Mbps service and was getting 51Mbps).

I checked https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/telephoneHome and according to that, for my line the downstream VDSL Range (clean) is 62 high to 44 low, and VDSL range (Impacted) 60.3 High to 37.9 low, yet i'm told that my line will only get 31.8Mbps (althogh the renewal offer on my acount is for the up to 63Mbps sercice and mno way to change it to the lower one) and explanation why I've dropped nearly 20Mpbs in speed. 

BTW my router is connected to the master socket and is next to it, and most of my devices (laptop, 2 TV's, Sky box, Xbox, Bluray Player, Amazon Fire 4k Stick, Freesat box, Server, NAS drive, IP camera) including the laptop that I use to speed check are connected with cat5e, cat6 or cat7 cables and gigabit switches where needed with wireless only used for Hive lights, Amazon Echo devices, a 2nd IP camera, a tablet and mobile phone.

ShaunIOW

Further to my past post the speed drop is getting worse and I've been unable to contact CS.

I'm now down to 20.82Mbps (my last response from Plusnet CS was I'm guaranteed a minimum 31.8Mbps and my line supports 32Mbps max (which is [-Censored-] as I was getting 51Mbps untill  few months ago and nothing has changed my end equipment or connections wise), the IP profile also says I should be getting 20Mbps up which I've never had since the day I joined Plusnet with 9Mbps being the highest I've seen.

Plusnet Speedtest 24th Sept 2020.jpg

This is my current renewal offer, yet I'm not even close to that yet Plusnet said everything is fine, and offering me the fastest service with no option to change to the slower one is taking the [-Censored-].

Plusnet renewal offer 24th Spet 2020.jpg

ShaunIOW

Plusnet Speed.jpg

This was today, I raised another ticket on Thursday, still waiting for a reply.