cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband provisioning in Solihull

PCPete

Fibre Broadband provisioning in Solihull

I live in Shirley, Solihull and have been waiting for fibre broadband for 7 years. In 2010 when we were advised by the BT website it was 6 months away. I registered my interest! Five years later, fibre eventually arrived at our local exchange in 2015 but the cabinet that serves our housing development (cabinet 26) is not enabled. Apparently it's a bit difficult and under review. Why? I've contacted Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire broadband (www.cswbroadband.org.uk) and was advised that this cabinet was 'commercial' not 'domestic' and they couldn't help. My place of work is i rural Barston just outside Knowle where we have fibre broadband. Please let me have a meaningful explanation as to why cabinet 26 can't be converted to fibre and what I can do to escalate this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Fibre Broadband provisioning in Solihull

Hi @PCPete, I'm afraid when/which cabinets are upgraded to FTTC is completely out of our control and is in the hands of Openreach.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PCPete

Thanks for that feedback. To whom do I escalate this issue. We live on a relatively big development and I'm not the only one who's complaining! I mentioned contacting Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire  broadband but they said they couldn't help because that cabinet wasn't domestic!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The best people to discuss this with are your local superfast scheme, they should be able to advise you of who could provide further information.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.