cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP HELP

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP H

Best Idea would be to Borrow a router from a friend to rule out your router Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chrispeach1
Grafter

Re: Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP H

I don't have any friends.

Please send me a router in case this one is faulty.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

After our discussion on Facebook tonight, we've got it booked for tomorrow afternoon. Bit of a fluke that the weekend slot was available, as they're very rare for faults and nonexistent for provision.

Let us know how you get on.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

Okay so I messaged you on Facebook, the Internet was stable all last night from when I got home at 7pm until about midnight when I went to bed and seems to be fine this morning.....

I think cancel the engineer for now and I will let you know if any problems arise over the weekend (hopefully it's fixed itself!)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fantastic news, happy to hear the connection appears to be more stable.

Checking the fault with our suppliers, they detected the line was not right when tested (after Matty booked the engineer). They performed remote work on your line which appears to have resolved the fault.

The fault has been passed back to us so the appointment has been cancelled.

I'm not in the office now, but I'll check up on your connection on Monday. Fingers crossed it remains stable.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chrispeach1
Grafter

So the connection had been okay over the weekend no disconnections

HOWEVER when playing online games I get a huge amount of lag and a high ping (140 ms which should be around 40ms). I am using a power line adapter and have done a speed test which came back with download 17mb upload 1.5mb.

This really shouldn't be happening with a fibre connection can you please offer some help on how to fix this - I am also getting a huge amount of lag when using the wireless on the PS3 so I don't think power line is the problem
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm testing your broadband and it's not bringing up any issues now. Can you try connecting using a wired connection to the router, just to bypass your powerline adapters?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chrispeach1
Grafter

I can do so tonight when home from work

Can you think of anything else that may be causing it - do I need to change something in the router settings?

chrispeach1
Grafter

Still not working properly - I have this weekend connected an ethernet cable from the computer direct to the router instead of using the powerline adapter

My ping in a game is over 140ms - it should be more like 30-40!!!

I can't see any other way than to cancel the service with you and go with someone else unless you can help?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Looking at your connection, it looks pretty stable:

image14820644476595

Probably the next step is to try a reboot of the router to refresh the PPP session. Testing the broadband the circuit is still under estimates:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.6 Mbps

I'll be happy to arrange that engineer to look into that, but it's possibly an unrelated to the latency.

chrispeach1
Grafter

Boxing Day and its disconnected 4 times within the space of two hours that I am aware of

When is this problem getting fixed or is this to be accepted as the norm for your internet service? If so I want out
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband again.

Looking at your connection, there are multiple drops:

Broadband tests aren't identifying an issue,

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 21.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.2 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

If you've tried the test socket check as outlined here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

I would then advise you to raise this to us as a fault at http://faults.plus.net

chrispeach1
Grafter

Tried that still the same

Why does the router go red?

It was flashing red

Last night kept going orange and cutting out

What can we do from here? Still a poor service and to have no internet over the holidays is very disappointing indeed
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The router appears to be losing sync. It indicates a physical fault somewhere, either your internal wiring or a fault outside.

chrispeach1
Grafter

What can you do about it?