cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP HELP

chrispeach1
Grafter

Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP HELP

Newly installed fibre and had this service with you for the past 3 weeks.

It keeps randomly cutting out and will then start again about a minute later

The broadband light goes from blue to orange then back to blue

Why is this happening? I am paying a lot for this service and this isn't the standard I was expecting to receive

Please provide assistance as soon as possible thanks

47 REPLIES 47
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP H

Hi there,

With the nature of the errors that your getting on your line, it seems to suggest that there may be an issue with the equipment. I note that we've sent you a couple of routers in the past 4 months, do the same issues persist with each router installed?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chrispeach1
Grafter

Re: Fibre Broadband only had connection with you for 3 weeks and connection keeps cutting out HELP H

Hi Matty

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have only ever been sent 1 router which is the one I am using now.

I did plan on moving house back in August but I never received a router.

I did have a router at my old address however I could not benefit from fibre.

Are you able to run a test on the line to check that there is no adverse issue?

Kind regards

Chris

chrispeach1
Grafter

Hi can you or someone please get back to me have come home from
Work tonight trying to use internet which keeps cutting out every 5-10 minutes. Have tried unplugging everything from the router and reconnecting but the issue persists.....
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've tested your broadband and it's indicated a possible fault with the line.

Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

Testing your line I've detected a Battery Contact and I've raised this with Openreach. The estimated response time is by 05/12/16. I've also opened a ticket on your account so that our faults team can monitor the progress.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chrispeach1
Grafter

Hi so openreach rang on Saturday to say they had fixed the problem but unfortunately today the connection still keeps cutting out please help
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Downstream Speed 20.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.3 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

image14810173848202

Looking at your connection the drop outs appear to have subsided, however from testing your broadband the router is in sync below the estimated speed.

I would advise to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chrispeach1
Grafter

Hi

I don't know how to feel about your response.

The issue isn't fixed as it keeps cutting out.

I am also paying you £33.99 per month for this service which isn't satisfactory.

You are also asking ME (the customer) to raise a fault - why cant you do it? I have already raised a fault.

You had no problem in debiting the money from my account so I assume you will get this fixed urgently.

Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

As we cannot determine where the problem lies, I wouldn't be able to raise a fault on your behalf because the low sync speed and drop outs can be caused by internal wiring, which the broadband trouble shooter will aim to help you determine where the problem lies by trying the test socket (found by unscrewing the front cover of the master phone socket).

If you let us know once you have completed the troubleshooter I'll progress the fault for you.

chrispeach1
Grafter

Done can you please check to see what the problem is trying to watch Netflix and it keeps cutting out!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll take a look into your fault ticket tomorrow once I am back in the office.

Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just a thought, how are you connecting, Wifi or wired?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That's a good point @Mustrum because whilst the sync speed is low there aren't many drop outs between the exchange and the router.

chrispeach1
Grafter

Both
chrispeach1
Grafter

Any news?

On driving into work this morning your company advert was played on the radio, something about "plusnet... We will do you proud". Not sure about that at the moment!!!!

Can you not just send a new router out to eliminate whether the router is faulty???