Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband lost connection

emcadcov
Dabbler

Fibre Broadband lost connection

Hi,

My broadband lost connection when I got home at 8am yesterday, checked the website could see planned maintainence but not in my area

So I left it thought it would sort itselt out which it did not, have raised a ticket early this morning

Am I supposed to be waiting days for my internet to be sorted my days off are now need internet
13 REPLIES 13
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Fibre Broadband lost connection

Worth a check but has of your neighbours lost their broadband service?

Do you have a dial tone on your landline?

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
emcadcov
Dabbler

Hi I have dial tone just no internet light can not connect manually through PC

neighbours are on different networks
emcadcov
Dabbler

yes theres is working
emcadcov
Dabbler

Been awake all night as I work nights the internet come online fine this morning for about an hour and has gone off again Sad

no update from plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

All of the disconnections shown on there are reporting as 'password incorrect' in the router. Can you log in to your router at 192.168.1.254 and check the connection username and password are correct.

The username should be yourusername@plusdsl.net and the password is your account password.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
emcadcov
Dabbler

Hi

I was messing around thought id use the bt router the settings are correct

is that the current issue?
emcadcov
Dabbler

because i was playing the ps4 an it jus went
emcadcov
Dabbler

oh it was ethernet connected too when it went down i plugged the plusnet router back in now no luck
emcadcov
Dabbler

still no reply from PN
emcadcov
Dabbler

Raised a ticket got told someone would contact me 5pm-9pm

Its been three days, live chat dont help, facebook dont help, this forum is useless PN dont reply

Ive had no communication from PN I dont even know if there looking into my service thats how bad this company is at informing there customers

This is enuff to switch filling out virgin media switching forms right after this

Would never recomend anyone to PN they dont have customer service or support
Chris
Legend

Sorry for the lack of response, I'm just looking at the account to see what's going on however I should advise that faults can take 72 hours for a response from the point it was reported.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

It's looking like the next step is an engineer, the testing from our side and BT Wholesale isn't showing any issues.

emcadcov
Dabbler

Ok I have replied in the ticket its annoying because I can change the router and wires etc and it did work breifly in the last few days Sad for like a hour when the router was plugged in all night, it suddenly come online and then went off an hour later i doubt its the equipment if i can change it