cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband keeps dropping service

Halloweengirl

Fibre Broadband keeps dropping service

I have fibre broadband & the internet keeps dropping and the plusnet router goes orange each time, comes back on after a minute or two but it’s happening quite often. Any idea what’s causing it?. 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed odd div tag
4 REPLIES 4
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Fibre Broadband keeps dropping service

Welcome to the Forum @Halloweengirl

The short answer to your question - of what is causing the drop-outs - is that it is impossible to say: it could be a line fault, a faulty router, a problem with your internal wiring, or many other things. You may need to work through eliminating possibilities although doing so is not as bad as it sounds.

Often someone from PlusNet would be active in the Forum and would be able to look at your line and connection record to start offering advice. But they seem to be a bit quiet today.

I would run through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults These checks look at line faults.It takes a bit of your time but formally makes Plusnet aware of your problem, they have look at it, and gets the problem into the queue for action.

Please let us know how you get on.

Halloweengirl

thanks @BrightonRock, will do that tomorrow when I haven’t been on the gin! 😆👍🏻

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Plusnet forum staff don't work weekends although it's not uncommon for Gandalf to pop in on his free time, plus wih it being a bank holiday Tomorrow there may not be a staff responce until Tuesday.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Our tests are showing your connection to be dropping fairly frequently recently, but aren't showing any reasons why so I'd recommend running through the steps in the troubleshooting guide above including this one.

Let us know how things go.

EDIT:

will do that tomorrow when I haven’t been on the gin! 😆👍🏻

I recently went to New Zealand and brought back some really nice gin called Cardrona. Best gin ever. Smiley

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet