cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband keeps dropping out

twistedart
Hooked

Fibre Broadband keeps dropping out

Since December 2019, my fibre broadband keeps dropping out. From December to mid-January it was dropping 2-3 times a day, with the orange light coming on, the 'B' symbol appearing then resetting itself to the blue bar and working again. Then it stopped for a while until today (7/2/2020). It dropped out, with the same process happening as above, twice. Then later, it stopped completely with the green bar appearing. I did a reset of the hub, using a pin in the reset button, and it's been okay since then (with the blue bar on constantly). 

I'm not sure what is happening but wonder if anyone can advise on this matter? 

I have a Plusnet Hub One since October 2019 

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre Broadband keeps dropping out

Thanks for your post @twistedart 

I'm sorry to see you've had problems with your connection. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any causes for this, but if a factory reset of the router had stopped the drops I'd recommend keeping an eye on this as the router may be faulty and need replacing. That's the next step I'd take if your connection starts to drop frequently again.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twistedart
Hooked

Hi thanks for your reply.
All has been fine until today 21/2/2020. Out of the blue the fibre broadband has kept dropping out this morning.
Can you advise next steps please?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @twistedart,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on here. I'm sorry to hear that the connection problem has returned. Having checked your connection log, it appears that there was a drop in the connection at around the time you contacted us on here but everything has been stable since. Please let us know if there are still any problems with the connection on your side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
twistedart
Hooked

Thanks for your response. Could you advise me on what caused the drop out please?
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @twistedart

Thank you for your reply.

We are unable to determine the root cause of each drop in the connection, unless a test is performed at the time of the broadband dropping out. Even then, it would only flag if a fault was the cause of the disconnection.

Drops in the connection can be caused by a number of things such as updates, repair work, weather conditions or service outages. It is normal to experience a drop in the broadband, and as long as it reconnects almost straight away, a fault on the line wouldn't necessarily be the cause.

If you have any further questions, please let us know! -Katie

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
twistedart
Hooked

Broadband was fine up until a couple of days ago when it started dropping out again. Today has been the worst. I've had to restart it a couple of times as the Plusnet Hub One light was orange with an icon 'B' for a while. This is really frustrating, as it's starting again at a time when I really, really need continuous internet access at home. 

I attach the event logs of today. 

Can you take a look at the event logs attached and let me know what the issue with these dropouts is, and advice on how this can be remedied please? 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @twistedart,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see there's been an engineer visit since you posted this last update. I've responded via the open fault ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket then please let us know and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
twistedart
Hooked

Thank you for your response. I've just commented on the question (Ref:199995165) as I'm still experiencing problems with my broadband and phone line. I've provided timeslots as requested for an engineer to visit my property again. 
Please let me know if you need any further info in the meantime in relation to the question ref above. 

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @twistedart

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.

I can see that an engineer is due to attend this afternoon. Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team