cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband down

Haffoc
Grafter

Fibre Broadband down

My fibre broadband has been down most of the day.

My broadband and phone is supposed to move on the 2nd August. Initially the request was for today.

Dialing my phone number gives me a "you have dialed incorrectly" message.

I think you've disconnected my old phone/BB before the new line and broadband were provisioned.

Please note, I am a cancer patient under going daily treatment and it is imperative I have a phone in case of serious life threatening side effects.

Hopefully this will get picked up if I forget to phone tomorrow before hospital.

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fibre Broadband down

Hi @Haffoc

Thanks a lot for reaching out, I can see that you've called in today and have been told when you're going live at the new property, though it isn't clear whether you've been given an explanation of why you've been cut off at the current property.

When the house Move was initiated on 26/07/2021, you told us that you were moving out on 29/07/2021 (cease date). While the orders to provide a service at your new property are slightly delayed, due to the lead time in which it takes to provide a service, we will assume that you're moving out on 29/07/2021, so the cease date does not change. If there's anything else you need in the meantime, please let me know, I'm around until 20:00 today.

While I'm here as well,if you'd like to pop onto your online Member Centre and fill out our Additional Support Form to make our team aware of your medical conditions, this will come in handy if we ever need to raise a fault on your line as we'd be able to prioritise it.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Haffoc
Grafter

My broadband and phone are still not connected. Live date was yesterday. Would someone look into this please?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Haffoc

I'm really sorry to see your phone or broadband doesn't work still. I've checked your order and I can see it completed last night, but testing your line is showing a problem at the exchange. I've raised the fault to Openreach now and I've also raised an emergency welfare case to get an engineer out as soon as possible to investigate. 

@adam945 will message you back shortly as he's taking personal ownership. 

[edit]

In the meantime, would it be possible to try plugging your phone into the test socket explained Here, because the fault I've detected may be a red herring and not affecting your service. Sometimes this type of fault is basically an issue with the testing equipment at the exchange. 

[edit 2]

Openreach's diagnostics team have taken a look and identified a possible issue at the cabinet (the green box in the road) so they've passed the job to an external engineer for investigation.

We'll update again once the welfare case has been picked up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet