Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband down ME8

FIXED
Gunnill
Grafter

Fibre Broadband down ME8

Since 15.00hrs today, 2 June internet down - not working. The last part of the cable comes across a field, where the farmer is working with the trees. Who do report this to, please?
ME8 7XQ
8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Fibre Broadband down ME8

In the first instance, treat this as a telephone service fault and report it to your telephone provider.  If the telephone provider is Plusnet, you can use the automated phone line trouble shooter - see the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gunnill
Grafter

Thx telephone line working. About 30 residents with different providers reporting lack of internet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gunnill  If it's affecting a large number of premises it will be a local area service outage so Openreach should be onto it, but all you can do is report it to Plusnet who will pass the message on to their "supplier"

Gunnill
Grafter

Is mentioning on here, reporting it to PN?

Thx
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gunnill  No you have to phone customer support, or if you have an internet connection on your mobile phone try and raise a fault online at ...

https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @Gunnill I've been looking into this for you and the tests aren't showing any issues now but I can see you're back up and running from around 9pm last night. Let us know if there are any further problems. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gunnill
Grafter

Yes thank you Internet returned 21.00 hours yesterday.  Openreach appear to be working on the lines about a mile away. Affected a large area. Still working in the same location today !!!!!!!

Thank you for your help

Mike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update @Gunnill 

Ah nice, glad to see the engineers were on it quickly and they're continuing their efforts to fix the fault.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet