cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband cutting off at the same times, every evening.

klemm
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Broadband cutting off at the same times, every evening.

10pm, 11pm drop outs :yawn:

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Really sorry to see that's still a problem for you. Don't worry about letting us know when the connection drops as we have logs that we can give you copies of too if needed. It looks like we'll need to chase up our suppliers for an update on your fault so please bear with us and somebody will be updating your ticket soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
klemm
Dabbler

I'm hoping the lack of update means your supplier taking this seriously and is working extra hard to resolve my connection drops?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @klemm,

Sorry about the delay in response, I can see you've spoken with someone in our technical support department and a further update has been provided here.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Ultraviolet
Dabbler

On October 21st, I will have been experiencing the same issues for FOUR Months. My first four months with Plusnet and my only experience as a customer with the company.

During this time I have now learned that I can recite the protocol for initial advisor checks. The lovely young lady this morning got the brunt of my frustration as I knew what the results of her line tests would be before she had even initiated them.

I Still cannot receive incoming calls and am still experiencing regular internet dropouts. The goalpost keeps moving 

I really wish you would try harder to resolve the issues. I am reaching the point of despair and regretting leaving Sky.

Come on plusnet... Take ownership of this and push for a resolution! 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @ Ultraviolet,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your connection dropping and appreciate the frustration this is causing you.

I've had a look into this today with a colleague on our Technical Support Team. The issue was resolved overnight as per this ticket so your connection should now be working as normal.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF

Ultraviolet
Dabbler

I agree, after 4 months my connection should be working as normal!
But guess what?!! The internet has just gone off!!! 23.00 on the dot
I now have a working phone line, thanks for that, however the broadband cut outs clearly have not been resolved...
Seriously, is this a wind up?? Where's Jeremy Beadle hiding??
This ticket is not closed and you need to get it sorted!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Have the disconnections at 11pm been a daily occurrence? I ask as we're only seeing one recorded last night which is the first one since last Friday. 

if that's the only one you've noticed since then I'd recommend monitoring things over the course of a few more days. Also please bear in mind that one brief disconnection can be quite normal for any broadband connection. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

Occasional blimps, could be accepted however I've had issues since swapping to Plusnet 4 months ago. If you take that into consideration then the Occasional blimps are not acceptable!
Furthermore these occasions have occurred three times this evening!!
Why don't you monitor it.. in fact, resolve the problems instead of dragging it out!!
This is exceptionally poor service and not once has Plusnet offered compensation or even deducted money from the monthly billing. Disgraceful. DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS IS RESOLVED!!!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ultraviolet,

I'm sorry that your connection is still dropping and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

I have discussed this with our faults team and they have let me know that t here's currently an issue that our suppliers are investigating where on certain connections, they drop between dusk and dawn. They are working towards identifying the root cause and resolving the problem but haven't yet been able to provide an estimate as to when this will be resolved. Our faults team will monitor this and will be in touch once we have an update from our suppliers.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

I have been a customer for about 9 months and all we have had is constant drop outs! We were promised that we'd be compensated after fault was sorted... that was 4 months ago and so far no compensation and still no fix... so plus net I'm paying my bill and your not keeping to your contract so if you can't keep to the contract of supply of service you need to release me from it !!!!!
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

So basically your saying that your supplier has always had a problem ! What happend to my compensation I was promised too ! Can I cancel as you have not supplied me with the service I signed up for ?
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

Not with sky maybe once a week
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

We entered into a contract with Plusnet expecting a reliable service. For the first month we assumed that the line was "just settling"
After such, plusnet's most consistent feature is the hourly drop outs every day. THIS to me is a major breach of contract as you have constantly failed to fix the issue. We've had several engineers to assess the issue and it was eventually put down to needing an additional port. This was raised in October. Plusnet have a contractual responsibility to ensure that this was carried out and tested. This has not been the case. No follow up or quality check has been discussed. No compensation received. Issue not resolved.
As a positive, your router has a lovely warming orange glow, at regular intervals.
I expect, early fee-free release from contract and compensation for downtime charged.
Plusnet?? More like [-Censored-]!!!

Furthermore, our connection dropped off during this complaint so now I'm livid as I've had to rewrite everything!!!! Nice one 👍
Ultraviolet
Dabbler

So plus net, at what point are you going to contact me back as the last time you contacted me was in 2019 !!!!! ????? Why have you forsaken me???? On a serious point can I leave this contract as every 3 or 4 hours i have to deal with the kids coming down blaming me for joining your absolutely abysmal service !!!!! Do me a favour and contact me, as I've had a gut full of your inadequate service and shocking customer service. Ps no wonder the fat spoon Whittler dumped you !!!!!!!!