cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband continually dropping out, real nuisance!

Twoterriers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Broadband continually dropping out, real nuisance!

Same issue here since August. Phone line always clear as a bell. It's a router issue, I think. I used John Lewis fibre before (supplied via Plusnet) and never had these problems.
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
sparkrace12
Grafter

Certainly was not an issue with my Hub One, as the service simply disconnected & reconnected without altering anything.

certainly worst when other residents seem to come online, as their connections showed up? At least to me it seemed that way.

it was definetley a fault with my PlusNet Fibre line, even though the service has been live for at least 4 years.

Tech Support ran a line test and found a fault at the exchange on Sunday morning.

at least it's possible to contact tech services via online chat, rather than listening to the boring music!

i presume it has been fixed? as my line so far appears to be stable.

just wish it was the fastest speed, they say it's not possible for my line.

sparkrace22
Twoterriers
Grafter

That's what happens here. Goes red light and cuts off my internet, I wait a while and eventually it blue lights again. They said to me it was an exchange thing then something else and fixed it. So they've maybe been fiddling around again, goodness' knows, but it's no good.
sparkrace12
Grafter

You are right of course, a poor service is not good, it's so very frustrating!

why did you change from John Lewis fibre? I note you say it was supplied via PlusNet.

in fact PlusNet is a subsiduary of BT.

BT can supply me with the fast fibre, but PlusNet cannot!

all boils down to costs.

i was with Sky once, but I had no connection for days on days, they blamed the Netgear router, then they came up with the exchange faults, useless. Needless to say once me contract expired I waved goodbye along with my sky dish!

sparkrace22
Twoterriers
Grafter

I moved over because Plusnet was cheaper so I guess it was my own fault. At the time Talktalk was even cheaper but said they couldn't install fibre on my line, despite the fact I'd had it already for a year. [-Censored-] and elbow syndrome ! I had Sky years ago on broadband where it was thrown in free for a year. No troubles with them but I couldn't afford it once again once it got chargeable…. Sigh….
sparkrace12
Grafter

Take it you spoken to them regarding your fault,? 

I would get onto them again and ask them to sort it ASAP.

good luck

sparkrace22
Twoterriers
Grafter

Thankyou. Yes, I've raised another ticket.
sparkrace12
Grafter

Here we go again, my fibre connection is on a drop out and go at snails pace.

have purchased a new Netgear extender that show a red light each time my fibre has a poor connection, seems to be red more times than solid green for a good connection.

old Tp link extender was off more times than on for the previous week.

Plusnet contacted me yesterday 5 days after me raising fault question,

they now want me to go through the process of unscrewing boxes and using other micro filters!

That OK if you have spare filters.

my phone is perfect on the drop outs.

Now monitoring my line for 3 days.

now getting bit fed up, 

How are others in this thread coping with their faults, have they been sorted.?

sparkrace22
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Just be aware with time slots via text, you will be billed for a 0845 primium for getting an engineer I thought I would warn you

As for sorting out my proble have had 4 engineers out new openreach master socket new wiring out side checked lines phone is clear.

Now they wont us have another Engineer hens were not doing it via the premium number as they charge so my experience with plusnet is [-Censored-]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
sirchinny
Dabbler

I unscrewed the box, and changed the microfilters. No effect.

I have an engineer coming on Tuesday afternoon. Will let you know what happens.

sparkrace12
Grafter

Sirchinny, thanks for that.

i can't believe that PlusNet have still not sorted my fibre connection, when the guy ran a line check last Sunday to say a definite line fault, probably at our exchange. Surely somebody there could just check it out and rectify the problem?

cant see that plugging into the engineers socket behind the master socket is going to cure the fault, surely the socket  uses the same cable connections, or am I wrong?

PlusNet sent an engineer out 2 years ago, and told me if no fault found I would be billed £100 +vat. Needless to say it was a faulty tag at the exchange.

sparkrace22
Twoterriers
Grafter

I didn't have an engineer round in the end. They must've realised what was wrong and fixed it. It's been stable the last 2 days so I'll close my ticket Monday as long as it stays that way,

However, in my experience so far, it's never once been an issue at my end but always at the box or exchange or away from my home, anyway. So all 4 visits from engineers were a waste of time. Only the 5th guy realised it was something remote and he sorted it. I did get a different engineer each time.....

Lynda~

sparkrace12
Grafter

I realise they have to do checks, but when you know for definite nothing has been moved, then it annoys you a little, especially when the line is solid then drops out and comes back goodness knows how many time.

glad they sorted yours.

i think with all the new houses and people changing providers then cable do get loose at the exchange boxes.

sparkrace22
sparkrace12
Grafter

My Fibre broadband for the last 2 hours gas been so very slow, now fed up

think I will contact a few more providers to see what deals they doing, now getting me down paying for something I am not receiving!

sparkrace22
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

This does make me wonder with sending everyone's engineers as we are having the same issues

Good luck if your able to leave plusnet Sparkrace12

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living