cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband continually dropping out, real nuisance!

sparkrace12
Grafter

Fibre Broadband continually dropping out, real nuisance!

Can PlusNet please sort this out for me ASAP.

my fibre broadband has been exceptional until yesterday 1st December 2017.

today has been unbelievable, runs for 10 minutes then the  hub broadband light shows, and then I have nothing but trouble connecting back to broadband.

I have rebooted my router but exactly the same, works for so long then looses the connection, really is annoying.

my system is exactly the same with no changes.

i received notification from PlusNet yesterday to inform me that I can get faster upload speeds as part of my service! Upload speed of my service has been increased from up to 1.9Mbps up to 9.5Mbps!

a steady connection would be appreciated, please sort my connection, ASAP

sparkrace22
34 REPLIES 34
sirchinny
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Broadband continually dropping out, real nuisance!

I've had this for 3 days now. I'm currently on the phone to support.

sparkrace12
Grafter

Thanks for your input, This service tonight is driving me nuts!

never had any issues before, looks like it could be some technical fault with PlusNet?

Hope you get some joy from customer services

sparkrace22
sirchinny
Dabbler

They are monitoring my line. They were aware of the cutouts, and have an engineer checking the progress.
That's all I have for you I'm afraid
sparkrace12
Grafter

Cheers, couldn't reply to you as had no fibre connection for 20minutes! 

blinking nuisance,

Anybody else having this issue in Northwich Cheshire CW9

sparkrace22
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Is your phone line working and free of noise? (try the quiet line test on 17070)
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Sorry but constantly from at least 4 weeks or more 4 engineers stuck Ethernet in, brand new open reach  socket

Still with the dropouts. So I do feel for you 

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
sparkrace12
Grafter

Browni

my phone line works fine, but I did try your suggestion, but was fine!

ever since they sent the email re going faster, that's the day when my problem started, 

the trouble lies with PlusNet Fibre, I have been on it around 2 years, and never had a problem,

but it really is slow compared with others!

So it may be a time to change?

plusnet said at the time my line was incapable of a fast speed even though I live just over a mile from the towns exchange,

but I am convinced there lies the fault- Plusnet

sparkrace22
sparkrace12
Grafter

Have now contacted PlusNet tech support, line checked and apparently a suspected fault, they will investigate and hopefully rectify it.

very helpful is the online chat.

hopefully I will update this thread within the next few days, well that's IF I get a decent connection, so far not good

sparkrace22
kayloveridge

Exactly the same issue here in Halifax HX2 - Got the email about improving upload speeds then within a day constant drop outs which create a noisy phone line (Line check came back clear and the noise only occurs when the broadband has dropped out). So far up to 10 dropouts a day and driving me mad! Looks like i'll be on the phone to them in the morning as live chat is unavailable atm.

Over a year with no issues at all then this suddenly happens when the upload speeds are being upgraded - coincidence? Hmm.

sparkrace12
Grafter

Kayloveridge,

mine has been off so many times during an hour it's past a joke! Unable to do any browsing.

This free upgrade did make me wonder.

my Home Hive heating system is so confused, that too went out in sympathy!

i am surprised that not many are affected, thought there would of been loads of threads on this issue, good job it wasn't Black Friday week!

sparkrace22
sirchinny
Dabbler

OK. Finally managed to get through on the phone.

Apparently, after going through the process of enscrewing the box etc etc etc..... When push comes to shove it's this.

Plusnet will only class it as an unacceptable service if either of the following criteria are met....

1. Broadband drops out 6 or more times in 24 hours.

2. Broadband drops out 14 or more times in 72 hours.

So. basically, if you have the broadband dropping out less than that, Plusnet say they are not liable.

That's basically it.

As for the fault on my line, they still say they don;t know.

I am going to ask this on a seperate thread here. 6 times in 24 hours. What a joke.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@kayloveridge wrote:

... constant drop outs which create a noisy phone line (Line check came back clear and the noise only occurs when the broadband has dropped out). 

I suspect that you have got this the wrong way around. Noise on the phone line making the broadband drop out makes much more sense. This could be caused by electrical interference due to equipment switching on or off. Do any appliances switch at the time you see the drops, for example a fridge? It could also be external to your house. 

If you can detect noise on your line during the quiet line test you should report an intermittent phone fault. Until this is fixed you will not get stable broadband.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kayloveridge

I have checked my phone line with the quiet line test - no faults, all clear. I have also run the line test - again, all clear no problems. There is only noise on the line when the broadband drops out. As soon as the broadband comes back on the line is silent once again.

There has been no change in the location of any appliances in my home for well over a year, the error only began in the last few weeks, a couple of days after the email about increased upload speeds (as it has for others on this thread). Nothing else has changed at all.

I counted 9 drop outs yesterday. Let's see what today brings!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

What I am saying is that the phone is not getting noisy because the broadband has dropped out. The broadband has dropped because there is noise on your phone line, which makes it a phone line fault.  It would be helpful if you logged the time of drops over a period to see if there is any pattern. The change in upload speed is probably a coincidence. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'