cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Will Not Connect. Sync Speed at 33mb When I Can Get 40mb

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Fibre Broadband Will Not Connect. Sync Speed at 33mb When I Can Get 40mb

Woke up this morning to my internet not being connected. Went into the router settings and the router is synced at 33mb which is very slow compared to the 38-39.5mb I have been getting.  The internet is disconnected.  I checked my username and password and re entered them but it will not reconnect to the internet. What is going on with the super slow and broken connection ?

I would like someone to do a line check and update my router settings so I can connect to the internet please.  If its not this playing up its my billing problem. Please Plusnet sort it out.

Regards

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FIBRE BROADBAND WILL NOT CONNECT. SYNC SPEED AT 33MB WHEN I CAN GET 40MB

Hi @paulwillis1980, looking at your account, the password in the router appears to be incorrect currently, I'm afraid this isn't something I would be able to update remotely.

In regards to the low sync, please could you go through our troubleshooting guides if you have not already and then report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be happy to get the ticket picked up and raised with our suppliers to investigate further.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

I have managed to get connected, for some reason my account password has been changed to my previous accounts password. In regards to the sync speed it was synced at 39mb for 2 days.  The dsl checker shows that my line can now hold 50mb so 33 is very slow.  Please adjust the settings manually if needed.  I would not like to be changed to fibre extra now that the speed can be up to 50mb. I know you can ask for the settings to be adjusted and this is what I am now requesting.

Please sort out this mess. I dont want to have to change suppliers again.

regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I believe you're on Twitter with us, I'll reply to your tweet shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

I replied and if an engineer needs to be involved please make the appointment.  In regards to the speed I would like to be put on the fibre extra as dsl checker says I can get 50MB on my line and the extra £5 a month for 10mb speed difference is worth it.

I dont know what has happened but all of my internal wiring is still the same as the last time the engineer came so the fault is definitely NOT inside my property. Please check my previous sync speeds on my router and you will see i was receiving 39mb speed not the 33 i am currently getting. All troubleshooting has been done.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for raising the fault. Can you reply to this ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187302632 with the requested information letting us know over here once you've done so please?

With regards to your speeds, you're already provisioned on fibre extra since 02/01/2019 as shown by the profile below. If you want to downgrade to 40/10 which is our recommendation then please can you reply to this this ticket to confirm.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 33.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.9 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised N
Estimated Line Length In Metres 811.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed on Week Days
Service Impact Errors Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 00:00 to 04:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress  
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk  
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-01-26T15:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 33.5 Mbps 39.2 Mbps 37.7 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 8.0 Mbps 8.2 Mbps 8.0 Mbps
Up Time 858.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-02-08T14:47:36.820+00:00 2019-02-08T15:02:36.820+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 2
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

I really am not happy with my service with Plusnet at all. Been on fibre just over a month and already having problems with speed. What is going on ? Why has my billing issue still not been resolved. I want answers as to why my speed has dropped by 6mb to. Your test you did does not tell me anything. My internal wiring is the same as it always has been, I am using the hub one router provided by yourselves so I have no idea what is going on. I would like a manager to contact me as I am sick to death of being transferred to different people, I tried to call in yesterday and was on hold for over an hour before being disconnected.

The fact that none of you seem to know what is going on baffles me. Do us proud, not really. All I want is a fully functional decent broadband experiece. As I am not under contract for fibre (due to yourselves) if this speed does not go back to normal I will be forced to terminate my service and go elsewhere.

Regards

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @paulwillis1980,

I'm very sorry that your connection speed has dropped and for the inconvenience caused. Testing from this side hasn't picked up the cause of this issue, however I can see that an engineer appointment has been booked and the engineer should hopefully be able to shed some light on the cause of this and get you back up to speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team