cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Zapped

Marcandhayley
Hooked

Fibre Broadband Speed Zapped

My connection has dropped to 16meg from 27. I’ve tried the master socket and the other ones and two different routers all hard wired.

Bt page won’t let me run the extended tests on chrome or edge but it will on my iPhone and the results are saying my max speed is now 17meg?

Do I need my ip profile resetting or something?
8 REPLIES 8
Marcandhayley
Hooked

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Zapped

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @Marcandhayley I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for this so the next step is to arrange an engineer to investigate further. 

I've added a reply to your fault ticket with this information, could you respond back by going Here dropping us a reply back once you've responded? We'll then pick this back up as soon as we can and book the engineer in.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marcandhayley
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Have replied to the message on our account.

Thanks

Marc
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Marcandhayley 

I've booked the engineer appointment for 05-11-2019 between 8am and 1pm, and added a reply to your ticket with more detail. Let us know how the visit goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marcandhayley
Hooked

Hello Gandalf

BT open reach came out on Tuesday and replaced the main incoming socket with a modern one.

Our broadband dipped right out initially but has come back but is now slower than before. I know it’s still settling in but it’s becoming very unstable. We sometimes get a half of what we would expect - can’t see an attachment option or id upload it. But sometimes it’s dipping right out and my wife is struggling to get her audio files uploading for dictation. Also can’t watch anything on our skybox only Netflix and it flicks between 4K for a minute and then to 480p which is unwatchable on a 55 inch TV.

When it dips right out i did a Speedtest and got 8mb down but 0mb up.

Now we know it’s nothing our end, is there any record of infrastructure issues in my area?

Cheers

Marc
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Marcandhayley

We've made some remote changes which should improve things.

Can you retest and monitor it over the weekend?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marcandhayley
Hooked

Hello

Well I just did the BT one and got the below.  Thank you for your help 🙂

speed test.jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear that's done the trick!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team