cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Problem

SDavies

Fibre Broadband Speed Problem

Hello,

I hope someone from Plusnet can look into this for me.  I have a Fibre Broadband contract and the speed is definitely getting worse.

I've done a speed test and I'm getting 16.63mbps for download, and 1.49mbps for upload.  Another problem is our router is in the dining room and for some reason the signal in our living room, which is next to the dining room is horrendous at the moment and I don't know why.  We usually have a strong signal in every room.  We haven't moved the router or anything to make the signal so poor, I get a download speed of 7.83mbps and and upload speed of 3.50mbps in the living room.

From the test I did using my postcode on the plusnet website, I should be getting 27-40mbps download and 5-7mbps upload.

Any help with the general fibre broadband speed and any suggestions as to why the signal in the living room is suddenly so bad, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stephanie

2 REPLIES 2
bigvlad123
Hooked

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Problem

New installation?

Has the speed ever been at acceptable level?

New contract from Plusnet with Plusnet being your previous contractor?

Better signal previously using the same router?

Are you running speed test from WiFi connected device?

More info if possible.

SDavies

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Problem

We moved to our current property 6 months ago, we were plusnet customers before our move and found out we could have fibre broadband here.

The speed was brilliant when we first had fibre broadband but it's been getting progressively worse over the 6 months we've had it.

We've always used the same router that plusnet provided that is fibre compatible and the speed test was done today via a WiFi connected device.

The signal in the living room seems to have improved this evening but our general speed test is still below the expected speed.

Thanks