cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Estimate Reduced to 300Kbps!!

gsha
Dabbler

Fibre Broadband Speed Estimate Reduced to 300Kbps!!

I've been with Plusnet since Dec-2017 (moved from BT and upgraded to fibre product at the same time), but from day-1 broadband has never sync'd at anything  better than 2Mbps (well short of 5-10Mbps Plusnet estimates, and also well short of 3.8Mbps guaranteed minimum speed). Speed problem has been with Plusnet faults team since 11-Dec-2017, so far no resolution, and case has now been Closed with no fix/update provided (but don't start me on that one just now!!).

Contacted Support, who are now advising me that there's not a problem as my 2Mbps speed is now "not below your estimates" and "infact, it is higher than your estimates for fibre", and re-checking this against BTW DSL Checker shows that VDSL download estimates have now been reduced from 7.9Mbps(low)-14.1Mbps(high) last month, down to 0.3Mbps(low)-1Mbps(high) today.

Here's output from BTW DSL Checker last month...

BT_Checker_Jan2018.jpg

and here's the results I'm now getting...

BTW_Checker_Feb2018.jpg

300Kbps/1Mbps fibre broadband (are they serious!) with a 200Kbps handback isn't really broadband, and infact it's much worse than the previous ADSL service I had! Is this now a new BT policy simply to reduce DSL speed estimates if it's proving difficult to provide a usable broadband service, or has something else gone wrong here? And has anyone else experienced anything similar?

3 REPLIES 3
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Estimate Reduced to 300Kbps!!

Oh my god never seen anything like that. Feel sorry for you Sad How can they offer speeds like that. Should be able to get FTTP if you're far away from cabinet. Hope it sorts out for you.
@Gandalf have you seen the speeds?
Excellent!
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @gsha

I'm concerned with the speed aspect of this query but also the feedback you've given regarding the faults process.

Could you provide me with the ticket number for the fault that has now been closed so that I can investigate this for you further? You can send it across via PM if you prefer.

Thanks,

Dave

gsha
Dabbler

Dave, thanks for the response/update regarding this, and have sent details via PM. Your help with this is very much appreciated Smiley