Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Capped?

FIXED
wix5ie
Dabbler

Fibre Broadband Speed Capped?

Afternoon,

I have Unlimited Fibre Extra.  Recently I’ve noticed that my connection doesn’t seem as fast.  I checked my account on Monday and saw that it was under half the minimum guaranteed speed.

I ran a speed check but can’t seem to see why my speed is reduced as it says everything is fine, as far as I'm aware.

I see others may be having a similar issue.

Any news on a possible fix?

23 REPLIES 23
larson71

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Capped?

I have exactly the same issue beginning 2/3 weeks ago. My account now tells me that I have a speed of 13.8Mbps and two speed checkers have confirmed this. Upload speeds appear unaltered. Its half what I was previously getting and so well below the "guaranteed" speed for this service. Obvious conclusion is that Plusnet have reduced speed to allow sufficient capacity for home working etc. but why no mention of this anywhere on the website???

Its extremely poor service if this has been done as a policy without telling the customers.

daishs
Dabbler

I have same issues and I raised it as fault with Plusnet on my webportal which they regularly came back with updates , but then 3 weeks ago ,no more input from them ? So I am still input data on to the fault portal ,and now if you check OFCOM it say tgey should start to compensate and provide planof action ? Now I understand OR do not now go into peoples house but they can still check outside and do DLM resets ? In notice yesteday on this Community website some one called ButterCup who was relpying to another customer so I messaged her asking if the PN Customer support where working and was she able to help me ? no answer came back??? so I suppose you could telephone but not sure if they would pick up ? Plusnet are supposed to be an essential service but slow speed is not essential !!!!

wix5ie
Dabbler

I agree, does seem to be related to people working from home.

wix5ie
Dabbler

I renewed my contract yesterday.  At the moment I get little information on my line speed.  On Monday my minimum guaranteed speed was 45.4mbps with the same current speed 19.3mbps.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

@wix5ie Hi there! Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
wix5ie
Dabbler

Thanks, that's understandable, will do.

daishs
Dabbler

I had a speed issue logged as and acknowleged by Plusnet before the lockdown but there has been no response for 3 weeks so is any one at CSC anlayst still working since I woukd like a DLM reset so can that be done ,please ? Secondly since we have not had the guaranteed access speed since January should we not be getting compensation as OFCOM say ? Do we have to start to get OFCOM complaint established inorder to getting any thing done ? 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@daishs We remain committed to signing up to the automatic compensation scheme and will confirm when this will happen.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
daishs
Dabbler

Repeat of previous question is anyone working at CSC at all ,since now 3 weeks since any news ? Can I have a DLM reset please as some this week on this forum said they would organise ? Is is just you working ?

wix5ie
Dabbler

@daishs I would ignore CSC. Have you raised a ticket via faults.plus.net?
Pretty good response for me and already discovered fault and arranging engineer visit...
DS68
Hooked

I’m having the problem with mine, do a speed check at different times of the day to see if it is related to people working from home, mine is slow whatever time of day.

wix5ie
Dabbler

Have you raised the issue via faults.plus.net?

DS68
Hooked

Yes I’ve reported it apparently there is a fault on the line to my house which they’re looking into 

wix5ie
Dabbler

Yep, same here, engineer is booked for Monday.