Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Below Estimate

MisterG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fibre Broadband Speed Below Estimate

I upgraded to fibre on 5th July and was achieving a connection speed of 23Mb.  This was within the estimated 18-25Mb, so I was happy with that.

Since then the speed has dropped to 15Mb.  I raised a Question #129885678 and the CS rep said that they would arrange a reset.  This was on 20th July, but the speed has remained at 15Mb.

I have tried contacting CS again, but no response.

Can someone at Plusnet please look into this.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Below Estimate

I'm just testing your line now, however on initial glance I'd advise reporting this to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net - the advisor you spoke to previously did not do the right thing, so I've passed feedback on about that and offer my apologies.

There's a little instability on your line, it drops out every now and then.

Although we can see it's syncing below the estimates:
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 16.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterG1
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.  I did try a few soft disconnects to see if it improved, but it obviously didn't.  As requested, I have raised a fault.

Chris
Legend

Thanks for that. I've pushed the fault through to our suppliers on this and updated the ticket.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterG1
Dabbler

Hi PN.  I haven't heard anything from OR or yourselves yet on this.  Speed still sub 15Mb.

Chris
Legend

I've just checked the fault and it's going to need an engineer, can you respond to the ticket on your account with the information requested.

MisterG1
Dabbler

I have responded and given you times and days.  Thanks