cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Slow and Intermittently Cutting Out

mldalton

Fibre Broadband Slow and Intermittently Cutting Out

Hi, when we first got our Fibre Broadband speeds were around 20mbps and working well. However, for weeks now we have had slow speeds and intermittent cutting out completely. On a speed test over WiFi today I got just over 7mbps. I have just started working from home after maternity leave and the slow speeds are becoming more of of issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Fibre Broadband Slow and Intermittently Cutting Out

Hi @mldalton,

I'm sorry to see this is the case. I've tested your line this morning and I can also see that the speed is running lower than we would have expected. In terms of your setup, has anything changed recently within the property? Also, please could you try setting the router up within the test socket in the property, if you haven't already done so? For reference, we've got a guide on this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mldalton

Hi, there has been no change. We have a Openreach master socket 5c when I take the front plate off it just exposes one socket that the 2 from the front go in to, the wire from our router seems to be too small for this one socket?? It didn't click in to place and the Internet didn't connect when I tried to put it in there hence thinking its the wrong end on the wire. Please advise.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mldalton

You should be able to connect the router to the internal test socket by using a microfilter. One will have been supplied with the router when we sent it to you, please can you attempt to set the router up using this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mldalton

I have done this now, thank you
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, just let us know whether or not there's any improvement and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mldalton

Hi, the speed was better temporarily however it is now back down to between 8&9mbps, please advise. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @mldalton

I'm sorry to see your speed's dropped again.

Line tests aren't showing the cause for this, so we'd need to arrange an engineer appointment to investigate further. Could you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please add your availability for a visit.

The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

If you can post back after you've raised the fault, we'll make sure that is picked up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet