Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Setup

FIXED
jimmc27
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Fibre Broadband Setup

Just received text message saying fibre appointment booked for 29th June between 8am and 1pm . Is this a engineer visit to the house? Do I have to be in? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre Broadband Setup

Fix

Nope, the work can be completed from outside without needing access. Apologies for the confusing text message, I'll get that fed back internally. It looks like the automated emails you were sent though are correct.

The service will be activated at any time on the day up until midnight.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
indiedog

Confused by the reply. I've just ordered PN Fibre Broadband and on phoning through the order have been told I have to be in for the Engineers visit. The email confirmation also states this. Could you clarify as otherwise i need to move the planned date due to holiday.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @indiedog,

Apologies for any confusion this has caused. While you won't need to be in for an engineer visit to install fibre, as a phone line installation is required, an engineer will need access to install the phone line. If we receive notice from our suppliers that they won't need access, we should let you know via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet