cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Rubbish

tonypaulhill

Fibre Broadband Rubbish

Can someone explain why new customers are treated like mugs.  I am paying for Fibre Broadband that is slower than I used to have under copper lines.  I signed up to Plusnet and was connected 2 weeks ago.  My speed ranges from 9mbps to 25mbps.  Before plusnet cocked it all up I was getting 75mbps.

Tried to speak to them and eventually got through to someone [Removed] who escalated it but didn't get any response.  Tried to call them tonight but waiting time on telephone is over 30 mins, online chat is too busy and not accepting any more chat requests.

Emails don't exist for contact so the only way is by writing to them.  A bit ironic given that we are in a digital age that we cannot contact them.

If you're reading this Mr Plusnet I have cancelled my DD so you can [-Censored-] off.......................

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

17 REPLIES 17
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Fibre Broadband Rubbish

You have obviously had a bad start with Plusnet. If you continue on your current path I fear it will end up with cancellation charges and visits from debt collection agencies.

Can I suggest that you take a deep breath, reinstate your direct debit and start again.

On this forum you will find both fellow customers who will try to help you plus some very competent members of Plusnet staff who will proactively do their best to resolve your problem.

For a start, how are you checking your speed? If it's by wireless there's a good chance that it's due to the router 2.4 and 5 GHz channels being syncronised. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/td-p/1351950 on how to separate them.

If you're using an Ethernet cable then come back, describe your set up and explain what testing you have done.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jamieallan
Grafter

Tony,

I wouldn't hold your breath for a response. I've been a customer for 5 years and I've had this latest fault call open since 23 July. I am also getting significant drops in download speed from my FTTC service. The difference with me is that my BTW test always comes back good at 55M download. However when trying a 3rd party speed test site it's registered as low as 0.5M. During the 18 days this call has been open there have been 2 plusnet customer support team entries. The first was the test results which showed a local loop fault - despite my recorded BTW tests showing this was not affecting the service plusnet said they wouldn't investigate the broadband issue till this was resolved. BTOpenreach didn't respond within agreed timescales - I complained and another CSC put the only other plusnet entry on my fault call as below :-

**INTERNAL**

Advised that openreach will miss the ERT and they are still dealing with it 
customer not happy with this

Kind regards,

BT came out 4 days later, fixed the local fault and tonight my broadband dipped to 7M download. In other words as I told them that was not the problem. I also tried to call them only to hear the wait time would be in excess of 30 minutes. I reckon I've already spent over 4 hours on music on hold and discussing this fault with them to no avail.

I'm planning to move to Virgin Media as soon as possible. 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Extremely-Poor-Customer-Service/m-p/1560238#M325371

tonypaulhill

Cancellation charges and debt collection agencies, interesting response you obviously operate on behalf of plusnet.

I would like to point out that I am still within my notice period for cancellation.  Also note the term FIT FOR PURPOSE which plus net is not.

I carried out speed test as per plusnet instructions and via the BT link they sent me (over a hard wired Ethernet connection).

The day before I changed to plusnet I was getting in excess of 70 Mbps faultlessly over 18 months.  As soon as they took over pile of [-Censored-].  This leads me to suspect that they do not have enough bandwidth in my area.  If this is the case then stop signing people up.

All this aside, when you cannot contact your service provider then this comes down to customer service issues.

Either way plusnet are history as far as I'm concerned!!!

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

From personal experience I've always found that being polite on this forum always gets results.

tonypaulhill

Being polite or otherwise yielded zero results - What now?

Baldrick1

I just hope that you are counting your cancellation period from the day you signed up, not the promised go live date.

As an aside I am just another Plusnet customer obviously wasting my time trying to help.

Anyway, good luck!

Moderator and Customer

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@tonypaulhill I wasn't clear whether you had got your problem recorded as a fault by Plusnet. If so, there should be a 'ticket' on your account saying what Plusnet are doing about your problem.

If it hasn't been recorded as a fault then I would suggest that you run through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault online at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults 

Either way (as I suspect you know) there is the alternative of waiting for a Plusnet person to pick up your posts here in the Forum.

jamieallan
Grafter

@BrightonRock I really don't think that the way to get your fault noticed by plusnet should be posting on what is a community forum. Plusnet should be actively working on customer faults and updating the fault call without us having to come on here and effectively shame them into doing so. As I stated above I'm sick of waiting on music on hold and I'm tired of the agent who eventually answers not listening to me but simply going through the script. As I stated above my online fault call has had 2 plusnet entries made to it since it was raised (18 days ago) and even one of them looks like it wasn't meant for my consumption.

@Baldrick1 I can fully understand @tonypaulhill frustration. Plusnet obviously have a lack of staff, or maybe a lack of skilled staff - either way the customer is being let down. You just need to do a search on the internet(if your broadband is working) to see the many comments from people who'd joined plusnet at a time they did listen, they did act - but now they seem to be going for the bargain basement in terms of customer support. It shouldn't be left to guys like you to try to bail them out - because in my experience I posted on this forum due to my frustration at plusnet's response. Well meant suggestions are a bit like pouring petrol on a fire by the time you've reached this point of frustration.

BrightonRock
Pro

@jamieallan wrote:

@BrightonRock I really don't think that the way to get your fault noticed by plusnet should be posting on what is a community forum.

I agree. That is why I suggested reporting the fault online.

jamieallan
Grafter

@BrightonRock

But as you can see from my entries here plusnet have only put 2 responses into my 18 day old fault call and one of them looks like it wasn't meant to be seen by me. My previous online fault of 9 July with the same symptoms they closed with no contact with me and absolutely no entries whatsoever in the fault call log. So just what are you supposed to do to get plusnet to act? The only thing I can - and @tonypaulhill is attempting to do - vote with our feet( and our wallets).

Baldrick1

@jamieallan wrote:

@Baldrick1 ......Well meant suggestions are a bit like pouring petrol on a fire by the time you've reached this point of frustration.

I assume that the purpose of posting a message on a public forum headed ' Problem with your Fibre connection? Let's see if we can help.' is to seek assistance from perhaps a different viewpoint.

If responding is simply poring petrol on a fire I do wonder why the original post was made here in the first place. Maybe there should be another board titled: 'I don't want any help or suggestions, I just want to tell anybody who cares to read this how bad Plusnet is'?

Moderator and Customer

jamieallan
Grafter

@Baldrick1

If responding is simply poring petrol on a fire I do wonder why the original post was made here in the first place. Maybe there should be another board titled: 'I don't want any help or suggestions, I just want to tell anybody who cares to read this how bad Plusnet is'?

Maybe there should be. If you take a look at the whole communication on the post I started 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Extremely-Poor-Customer-Service/td-p/1558010

that might be a candidate for first post in it. How can over 4 hours on various phone calls - most of which are music on hold - be good service from Plusnet. How can closing faults with no update to the customer or the fault log be good service from Plusnet? How can 18 day faults still unresolved and only chased by the customer be good service from Plusnet? How can the lack of escalation procedure with their supplier BT be good service from Plusnet?

These are facts - unless you don't believe me - I'll happily cut and paste the complete entries in my last 2 fault calls. You might think this is a one off but we went through the same scenario is 2016 with what I believe to be the same fault that ran from 13 May to 19 August 2016.

So I think I've every right to complain about Plusnet - I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving from a company that really doesn't seem to care. Plusnet company individuals eventually contact me when I go public on a forum like this offering meaningless platitudes but never take responsibility for getting things fixed.

So where else but here to state the facts? The service from my viewpoint is poor and there is no service recovery other than offer the customer a rebate of the rental for a service you haven't provided. What a great deal that is.

tonypaulhill

I fail to see how you are trying to help when your response to my frustration was slightly derogatory.

I have now had a response from the almighty plusnet telling me to reset the router and give it another 10 days for the line to settle. Given that I am a qualified Data cable installation and testing technician (Copper & Fibre) you will probably begin to understand that I can see through the BS.

Have a nice evening.

BrightonRock
Pro

Oh dear! This really does need the attention of @Gandalf or @RandallFlagg or whoever is on this evening.