cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Roll out Complaints

DSCW999

Fibre Broadband Roll out Complaints

Does anyone know the best way to complain to BT Openreach about the amount of time it is taking to provision Fibre Optic Broadband. My Number/address was due to be provisioned by 31/05/2014, I just checked again today to find it has again slipped to 31/12/2014, that will be over a year since the Elgin Exchange went live and that was over a year late. I am getting fed up waiting, you can't seem to complain direct to BT Openreach, and Plusnet although a subsidury of BT seem unable to help.
Has anyone got any idea's how to complain? Is there a direct complaints Number/address/Email for BT Openreach?
I have thought about complaining local Council and Local MP but I don't realy expect them to be interested.
12 REPLIES 12
toolateforaname
Grafter

Re: Fibre Broadband Roll out Complaints

The Think Broadband people are collating complaints on this -
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4318516-annoyed-at-fibre-cabinet-delays-tell-me.html
DSCW999

Many Thanks for the info, I had quick peek. i will email him when i get home.
Mathias
Grafter

Thanks, for this link.
I also am very unhappy with the fibre rollout progress and information available. My exchange in Acomb (York) went live in September 2013 and the majority of cabinets in the area have not been upgraded. The info from BT is given as a 3 month period, that gets shifted to the next 3 months as soon as the last one has expired. No other info available.
x47c
Grafter

Sarcastic reply here.....
Where can I complain that under BDUK my cabinet is not going to be done at all - ever
Think yourself lucky that my taxes are going towards your cabinets being done - eventually
shure
Grafter

Can I ask where you find out the provisioning dates?  When I look on the When & Where website it says my exchange is due to be upgraded to FTTC "from 2014" and the Sam Knows website states "Calendar year 2014," but I can't find anything with actual dates
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

that will be over a year since the Elgin Exchange went live

You'll be able to ask Mr Sammond to sort it out after independence!!! Roll_eyes
DSCW999

PlusNet directed me to this site https://www.dslchecker.bt.com for checking cabinet availability. For my Phone number it currently states by 31/12/2014, yesterday it said by 31/05/2014. I had been using the BT infinity site previously as that has an availability checker and that currently states Between July & Dec 2014.

shure
Grafter

Thanks.  That one doesn't even mention it!  Guess it's not going to happen anytime soon Cry
dick:quote
DSCW999

Oh well 5 months on since my origional post Still no update on any likely dates for my local cabinet to be upgraded.
I have contacted my local Council who do not reply to emails 9 (3 So far), I emailed my my Local Councillor who again has not replied. I did find a web form contact for BT openreach, which promises a reply in 10 working days (Now at 12 working days and no reply).
BT DSL checker still just says by 31/12/2014. I suspect about 3 days from that date it will change to 31/12/2015.
Realy not impressed with BT Openreach, total lack of transparency and honesty to do with the FTTC roll out.
AndyH
Grafter

There are many situations that can be unforeseen and delay a fibre cabinet being installed.
I suggest looking at http://www.roadworks.org for your area to see if Openreach have any scheduled work coming soon on the cabinet.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

My local (fibre) cab was installed ~7 months ago, they have powered it and pulled cable thru to it ...... and still there is no sign of fibre availability!! Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
In case you haven't already take a look at this post here with regards to a different way of looking at the situation:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132605.msg1158582.html#msg1158582
As in the case of @MikeAK I've checked and can see that a number of cabs have already been enabled in the same exchange area since May this year. Where as no firm dates for further enablement have been published this still lets us know that fibre deployment is underway for you.
So my recommended way of looking at this is, we can't say when, but it's on it's way Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team