cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Performance Issues. Where to report ?

FIXED
petercase75

Fibre Broadband Performance Issues. Where to report ?

Help please ! We're having fibre broadband issues in the RG27 area. Neighbours all reporting the same for other providers, so looks like OpenReach investigation required. Speed is averaging around half that expected and dropped connections make video / voice unusable. I called the support line and it's closed. No way to log a ticket or email support. Status page is not showing this as an issue. Could you please let me know how I can get support ?

Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Fibre Broadband Performance Issues. Where to report ?

Fix

Hi @petercase75, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
saxobob1
Fixes: 1

I had the same problem and posted a query here, then tried ringing again at about 7pm and was answered fairly quickly and the fault identified and raised with OpenReach. I'd had the "sorry we're closed" message a couple of times earlier in the day.

petercase75

Thanks for getting back to let me know next steps here, @Beyhive .

With the decent weather, the issue has subsided and I'm back to 35-38 Mbps on a wired connection. I suspect there's an issue with the wired connection outside when it gets wet, especially as neighbours using other providers but on the same connection / hub were experiencing the same. I'll report through the troubleshooter if it reoccurs when we next have rain.

Much appreciated!

petercase75

Thanks @saxobob1 - good to hear we're able to get through and the team is available later in the day. I may use this if the issue re-occurs. I appreciate you taking the time to read and reply !