cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Install Issues

chaoticliloj

Fibre Broadband Install Issues

Hi All,
Don't know if anyone can offer any help on here, as been passed backwards and forwards by Customer Support so far.
I ordered my phone and broadband in November. The phone was activated on 14th December and PlusNet told Sky to disconnect my broadband from this date. So far, I have been told it will be activated 1 day, then the next, then the next and nothing so far. I've been without broadband now for over a week and it's really difficult when there is no way to do my work from home.
I've phoned PlusNet, chatted with PlusNet, messaged them on Facebook and always get a different answer!
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm worried now that it's not going to be connected for ages, and i've already paid for it from 14th December!!!
Help!
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Broadband Install Issues

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the issues you've had. I've reviewed the account and the order and the problem is down to a lack of fibre ports in the cabinet. We're being advised that when the engineer went out he found the whole line card wasn't online and therefore there were no spare ports. We should have more information on this tomorrow, really sorry for the delays.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chaoticliloj

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to find out if anyone has heard anything from BT yet regarding this?
Are you able to find out?
Thanks
chaoticliloj

I was just wondering if there was any kind of update as I get told I'll get one today, but nothing yet
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
Jellibaby

We have been told the same over and over!! Now have to accept dsl broadband and stay in line for a space in main box.
chaoticliloj

Thanks, wouldn't be so bad if they'd offered me a work around with dsl till the card becomes available, but they've cut me off with nothing. Surely it would have been in their best interests to keep their customers happy but guess not
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi chaotic,
We can offer you ADSL but that would mean cancelling the currently in place Fibre order and then getting ADSL on, doing that would stop Openreach/BT Wholesale doing the tasks required to correct things for Fibre due to the fact they need an open order to action things against.
A port faults trained engineer is going out today to determine the exact situation and to perform any needed work, we will get in contact with you tomorrow to discuss what's happened, if things aren't looking good for Fibre we will get you onto ADSL if you wish then go back to dealing with the Fibre situation but I personally would suggest allowing today's engineer to file his report on things first of all
chaoticliloj

Yes that's fine, I want an engineer to go out but I've been out and about past the green box most of the day and haven't seen anyone yet. It's just it would have been better to leave the whole thing until I could have been completely moved to plus net, instead of informing my old supplier I'd not need them after the 14th so they cut me off then, which in turn has seriously affected my job.
I'm hoping this engineer arrives and sorts  out what's needed as soon as possible as it's all getting a bit ridiculous now.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@chaoticliloj
I'm glad everything is set to go ahead with a fibre install today.
Just post back here ASAP if there's any issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team