cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Disconnections

Simon8261

Fibre Broadband Disconnections

I am a long standing Plusnet customer.

Due to an acknowledged ADSL line attenuation problem causing my connection speed to decrease approx every 4 mths or so then adjusted back up by Plusnet each time this was bought to their attention I was advised 2 mths ago they would switch me to fibre for the same cost as my existing package, this I agreed to.

The router supplied is the standard Plusnet Hub1.

From the outset I have seen little noticeable increase in speed and on most occasions cannot tell the difference from my previous ADSL connection, I didn't raise a ticket and accepted this but was most disappointed in the lack of noticeable increased performance throughput.

The connection was stable until two week ago when I became aware that I was being disconnected approx twice in any given 24 hour period.

I raised a ticket 157508380, the help desk analyst checked while I was on line and informed me there was a known BT exchange problem that would be rectified within 24/48 hours and a number of other users had raised tickets for the same disconnection issue.

The question was passed back to me on the 11th stating the connection was back on line and problem resolved. Since then I have added to the question three times stating that I am still being disconnected at random times once or twice within any given 24 hour period.

Due to a lack of response to my escalations of the problem I phoned the support desk to pursue the matter, the analyst talked over me and informed me that they considered the problem resolved and the disconnections were normal and no further action would be taken by Plusnet or BT unless the total disconnection rate reached a minimum of 6 per day, further more as a residential customer Plusnet offer no service reliability guarantees and one or two disconnections either ADSl of fibre was to be considered normal.

I run my systems 24/7 and this is causing lockouts on a number of programs, plus mobile phone disconnection due to the loss of WIFI and lost Internet TV pre planned recordings.

I do not believe a daily loss of service is normal and to be expected and further action is not pursued until a threshold of 6 per day is reached.

Will the resident engineer on this forum please investigate and respond to this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre Broadband Disconnections

Hi there

I'm looking into this for you now

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre Broadband Disconnections

Sorry to hear you're still having connection problems

Our tests aren't identifying the cause of that. Can you run through the troubleshooting here and here?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet