cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Activation - How long after phone?

LeeB

Fibre Broadband Activation - How long after phone?

Hi

How long does it take for fibre broadband to be installed once your phone line is live? My phone line went live today but there is no sign of the router being delivered or even sent. 

I signed up for the phone and fibre broadband service on the 3rd September and have only today (17th October) had the phone transferred. With no communication whatsoever on when to expect the broadband to be in place.

Is this standard service from Plusnet?

I have one son studying at college as a distance learner and one in his final year of GCSEs, not to mention the work I need to complete from home - so being without an internet connection for any length of time is massively inconvenient for us as a family!

any advice can be given here?

My order status is as shown in the attached image.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DanDanDan
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Broadband Activation - How long after phone?

You should have received an activation date from Plusnet following your signup. As Fibre is self installed these days they should just submit the order and set the router to arrive a few days before you are due to go live. (usually within about 14 days, depending on the supplier). 

If you haven't heard anything, check your emails from them to see if they stated an activation date, or give them a call to find out and request they dispatch your router. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

With the order type we placed for you it should be the same day. Apologies if the router wasn't send out in time, I can see this is now ordered and should be with you soon.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LeeB

Thanks guys! I rang customer support last night (40 min wait) and they actioned everything. So now just waiting on the router coming in the post.

Customer support were great.

However i have just now raised a question/complaint online as I do feel that a 6-7 week wait for setup and a few days without broadband is quite a poor service - especially when I have had to contact Plusnet twice in the mean time, once to action the phone service and then again to action the broadband service. The marketing of "we will handle the switch for you" isnt quite true in this case!