cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Available/not available???

topcat2006

Fibre Available/not available???

Just after Christmas a friend on the same exchange as us upgraded to Fibre.
I called Plusnet 1-2 weeks ago to ask when I could upgrade and was told it was not available at my exchange or cabinet.
The exchange is the same as my mates and the openreach website confirms it is live.
Today I saw an openreach engineer working on our cabinet and he pointed out the fibre wiring and connections and said it was all live and had been since Christmas.  According to him he had installed a couple of my neighbours.
So - whats going on - who is incorect?
Thanks
Tom
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre Available/not available???

what does this say http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput and is the address checker different
topcat2006

It says that it is not available at the cabinet.
However the engineer showed me what he said was the fibre wiring and said he had installed in neighbors property.  He told me the websites were not always correct.
What is going on?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

are you sure that is your cabinet - have you checked the number
AndyH
Grafter

Which cabinet/exchange?
topcat2006

The exchange is Brimscombe.
It definitely is our cabinet and I checked with the engineer that the address was right.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Does the address checker give the same result and is the cabinet the results give the same number as the one you think is yours - it should be marked on it
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: topcat2006
The exchange is Brimscombe.

Cabinet number? (should be on the results page)
topcat2006

Cabinet 2.
topcat2006

Anyone?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If the engineer was working on cab 2 is it possible they're no connections / ports left for fibre?
Fibre roll out is not my area of expertise.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
AndyH
Grafter

What's your postcode?
Your cabinet is showing as completed for FTTC, but I'm wondering if you live too far from it for FTTC.
topcat2006

Quote from: AndyH
What's your postcode?
Your cabinet is showing as completed for FTTC, but I'm wondering if you live too far from it for FTTC.

GL69BX
Thanks
Tom
AndyH
Grafter

Your cabinet is "Under Review" as it's not been covered so far by BT's Commercial Deployment or the first stage of BDUK. It's due to get FTTC and you're expected speed increase is 6-7x present ADSL speeds.
I cannot see how your neighbour could have fibre though, as that postcode is 100% covered by Cabinet 2.
topcat2006

Quote from: AndyH
Your cabinet is "Under Review" as it's not been covered so far by BT's Commercial Deployment or the first stage of BDUK. It's due to get FTTC and you're expected speed increase is 6-7x present ADSL speeds.
I cannot see how your neighbour could have fibre though, as that postcode is 100% covered by Cabinet 2.

That is my question too.  And also according to the engineer he has been doing installations in streets nearby fed from the same cabinet.  Sometimes the left and the right hand jut don't know what's going on!