Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation - wrong date?

elaineron
Hooked

Fibre Activation - wrong date?

Hi,

Plusnet services are supposed to happen today and I am moving from BT ADSl + Home Phone to Plusnet Fibre + Home Phone. I have just had the text to say the home phone is done.

I am a little concerned that the broadband will not be done today. I did select 29/06 for transfer when ordered but the texts I got from Plusnet say 30/06. I have asked Plusnet before and they have said that it will happen on 29/06 - can someone please confirm that my broadband will go live today?

Also - I am guessing no engineer is arriving? I haven't been given an appointment but wondered if it might happen as I have not had fibre before.

6 REPLIES 6
fizzyj
Grafter
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre Activation - wrong date?

Hi Elaine, sorry to hear the issues you are experiencing. I have updated your account with ticket 177773878. You can view this by clicking the link below.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id= 177773878

If you need anything from us please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faisal J
 Plusnet Help Team
elaineron
Hooked

Still no text to confirm the fibre has gone live - starting to get a bit worried now!
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

HI Engineers no longer need to come to the property for fibre they just connect you to the fibre cab these days.

Fibre activation can take up to midnight so that may be why you haven't got a text yet, that said it's not uncommon for delays to happen and Plusnet are not very good when it comes to notifying if that should be the case, hopefully, that hasn't happened.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @elaineron,

I've checked your account and can see that your order completed over night and it looks like everything is up and running for you now. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch on here if you are still unable to get online or if there is anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lisa2

I was also given activation date 29/6 on switchover from BT Infinity2. Received the router and lost broadband on 29th yet my account still says it’s processing my order. Extremely frustrating with teenagers I’m the house!!!
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Lisa2, sorry to hear you're services still aren't up and running and I have looking into this for you and updated a ticket on your account here with how the orders are looking.