Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation Day For Me Today

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Fibre Activation Day For Me Today

I had this when I upgraded to FTTC, since no staff seem to be viewing this thread you need to contact support and get them to update your profile which is still on ADSL speed. You could try dropping your connection for a short time and re-connecting, this may get it to update, failing that you need help from PlusNet. They may try and say the PlusNet profile has no effect if you are on the new dedicated network but I'm not convinced that is the case. You should get a good speed when it's sorted.Smiley

vibrance
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid

Thanks for the info. I will see if anybody is awake at Plusnet but they are running a pretty disappointing show at the moment.

vibrance
Dabbler

Update at 1803hrs

Well, fibre activation day has happened. Bit of mystical process really and I feel those with blind faith, or maybe just really cool dudes, will fair better than I did.

Download speed now around 50Mbps (it will probably be faster still with the addition of a cat5e twisted pair phone extension) and an upload speed of 18Mbps.

Thanks for all the help and advice and in the end thanks to Plusnet who reset my profile very promptly when asked.

Steve

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It would probably be a better idea to either run a power extension, if power is your problem.

Or purchase a longer high grade ADSL (RJ11) cable.   One of these...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/broadband-adsl-modem-cable-5m-a52bb

Obviously from a slightly better priced retailer.

vibrance
Dabbler

@notmyname

Currently, download is around 64Mbps and upload around 18Mbps so not too shabby even with a very nasty 5m standard phone extension from the master socket. If the cat5e twisted pair phone extension cable doesn't make a difference I may just leave it as it is because moving the router would require a mains socket to be run in and it would also put the router on the wrong side of one more wall, if you see what I mean?