cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activated today Download speed same as ADSL 4MB

shepthedog

Fibre Activated today Download speed same as ADSL 4MB

Hi my FTTC was activated today, upload speed it fine, but the download speed it around 4MBs. This cannot be right. This is the same speed I had with ADSL, looking at other posts it seems this may be a setting that needs changing at your end. Can you help.
Thanks
username simonrennison
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre Activated today Download speed same as ADSL 4MB

Can you try again after a disconnect/reconnect please.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shepthedog

Thank you, your fix and a restart  has done the trick.
Si
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

It's rather annoying as every new customer sign up new fibre or upgrade fibre from ADSL or ADSL2+ as Plusnet doesn't seem to be bother to set the current line speed at 38Mb for Fibre up to 38Meg or 78Mb for Fibre up to 76Meg.
I think they should set the fibre current line speed once the fibre was completed by Openreach. My mate been waiting for the correct profile on PN side after 4 weeks when his fibre went live but stuck at 21Mb before changed to 78Mb after 4 weeks!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

In the majority of cases this does happen automatically.
My mate been waiting for the correct profile on PN side after 4 weeks when his fibre went live but stuck at 21Mb before changed to 78Mb after 4 weeks!

Has he contacted us?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.