cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activated but can’t establish a connection

steelyboy

Fibre Activated but can’t establish a connection

Just transferred from BT which took 2 months. BB activated yesterday but I can’t connect. Spoke to a very helpful person last night and they are sending out a new Hub One but I am convinced now, after research here and elsewhere, that that will be a total waste of time. I’ve tried my old BT Hub 5 with exactly the same results. I am certain that there is a PPP authentication issue. Tried changing password and resetting username and router many times now with nothing having any effect. Still get “not connected to internet” message despite what I do.  Can anyone help to sort this out without me wasting more time? This whole process has taken over 2 months and I’m regretting changing from BT now. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. 

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Fibre Activated but can’t establish a connection

Hello Steelyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch. We have checked your connection and can see that it is trying to authenticate with the network but the details are not changing when you are manually setting up the router from the default ones. We would need to ensure it is not our router firstly, and would ask you raise a fault here, letting us know when you have done so if the issue persists with the new hardware.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
steelyboy

Thanks for replying. I was in touch yesterday afternoon at length with technical support and we went through everything. I received a replacement router yesterday morning which was despatched following discussions on Thursday evening so that arrived very quickly. The situation has now been raised with the faults team and I am waiting for them to get in touch to dig deeper into what is not working.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear it's still not working.

We'll get your fault updated shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team