cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber well below guaranted fiber speed.

Ffiwils

Fiber well below guaranted fiber speed.

Our WiFi speeds are consistently considerably slower than what was promised (60mbps) were pushing 20 if lucky.
4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fiber well below guaranted fiber speed.

Hi @Ffiwils

Thanks for highlighting this - I've taken a look at your account and there's a potential connection issue that I'd like our suppliers to take a look at.

Could you please connect your router to the test socket as shown here and if that doesn't help to resolve your speed issue please raise a fault here.

Just bear in mind that you'll need to be testing the speed on a wired connection to get a "true" representation of the speed that's been provided to your premises (once this is sorted, we can look at the wifi as a secondary concern).

Please let us know if you raise a fault.

Best wishes

Dave

Ffiwils

Hi i have filled the above and still same issues will report the fault now

Thank you
benfphillips
Grafter

If it's not a line issue I'd check the actual speed that the wireless is connected at between your router and computer/laptop. Also look at the 5GHZ network from the router as an option if you can. It's a better speed than the 2.4ghz band but it is impacted more via walls, etc. You might need to separate the two bands in the settings if it isn't obviously broadcasting two separate channels as it is. This is usually a checkbox in the settings somewhere.

To give you an example I have a 310/50 connection and if I were to use the 2.4ghz band I'd get no more than 60mbit (roughly) but the 5ghz network allows me to take advantage of all of the bandwidth.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for raising the fault @Ffiwils

I've just updated the fault with the next steps which you can view by going here.

If you can respond to the ticket or text we've sent and then post back here once you've done so we can get that picked up straight away for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team