cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber speeds randomly dropped.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Fiber speeds randomly dropped.

Hi, this evening I've noticed a drop in my internet speed, I have Fiber Unlimited and usage around 250+GB so far this month.
So my synced speed is 30Mb/s Down and 2Mb/s Up. I've done a speed test the other day using BTWholesale and SpeedTest and was averaging between 26.7Mb/s to 28.01Mb/s with upload at 1.92Mb/s. Tonight it's now between 9-15Mb/s I've done a reset and reboot of the Openreach Modem and also rebooted my own TP Link Archer 1750 Fiber WiFi router. Is there any problems that I need to know about and is it possible clear my usage data back to 0GB. If you wonder why usage is high I have too many games on Steam and we all use Catch Up TV and YouTube ect.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Re: Fiber speeds randomly dropped.

At moment is seems to have settled back to normal speeds between 24-28Mb/s Down with upload not affected after IP changed itself again over PPPoE on my router.. I've attached my very latest speed test result from BTW Performance Test and that it seems back to how it should. I presume some kind of maintenance has happened to cause it to drop. Likewise I will be checking it out around 8am in the morning just be certain. If possible I would like to know what went wrong to cause my speeds to tumble for a while.